Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - 2009 Resolutions

Topic: Resolved: Eat More Dark Chocolate!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Resolved: Eat More Dark Chocolate!
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 6:53 PM ET

This was the first New Year's resolution I've ever kept. It worked so well in 2008, I've decided to renew it for 2009 :-) To be specific, I resolve to avoid "milk chocolate," because I only want more. I find that I can moderate my chocolate consumption by only allowing myself dark chocolate. This also eliminates impulse candy buys because there is rarely dark chocolate available at the check out and other temptation locations.

Krafty-Kat avatar
Subject: So True!
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 6:55 PM ET

You are absolutely right...one piece of dark chocolate is all I need to satisfy my cravings.

ange1ash avatar
Date Posted: 1/10/2009 2:57 AM ET

That is a GREAT resolution! Can't go wrong with chocolate!

Bookity avatar
Subject: love it - you go girl!
Date Posted: 1/17/2009 3:11 PM ET
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: dark chocolate
Date Posted: 1/24/2009 9:38 PM ET

Ah, a boost to the ol' seratonin level is a worthy endeavor, isn't it? I DID see some Ghiradelli dark choc. bags of squares on sale in Dec. at Walgreens. So, armed w/coupons, I had FUN buying them for Christmas, for my hubby & myself. We keep them on the enclosed front porch, here in No. NJ--it stays fresh & out of sight.  When it comes to mind, instant gratification.  Dark chocolate & exercise solve a lot of 'situations', like Christmas doldrums.  Dec. is a tough mo. for me; the rest of the yr is fine.  Still, so many occasions to nab a piece of chocolate!  have a lovely 2009   Kathie