Facebook
Skip to main content
PBS logo
 
 
Want fewer ads?

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: no response to BOB offers

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: no response to BOB offers
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 11:35 AM ET
Member Since: 5/3/2006
Posts: 1
Back To Top

I wonder if anyone knows how to tell if a person no longer belongs or if they are on vacation or otherwise on hold.

I have several BOB offers that I am getting no response from. Is there a specific time when you just cancel and move on or do you cancel and run it through again as a new offer? I am talking about weeks (not days) of no response. Someone mentioned the Boxer feedback system  but I haven't found that yet. Yes, I am fairly new and still finding my way around. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,

Syl

DuskyRose avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:32 PM ET
Member Since: 8/18/2005
Posts: 7,977
Back To Top


Last Edited on: 3/26/09 10:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Advertisement avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:53 PM ET
Member Since: 11/13/2005
Posts: 671
Back To Top

I'd suggest you send a PM, and if you don't get a reply to the PM within a few days, then go ahead and cancel.

Generic Profile avatar
Angie -
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:58 PM ET
Member Since: 2/24/2007
Posts: 3,299
Back To Top

I personally only wait a few days and then just cancel. I figure if it takes them awhile to even respond one way or another, they most likely won't be too prompt about mailing, marking it received, etc.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 1:07 PM ET
Member Since: 8/30/2006
Posts: 172
Back To Top

I, too, would pm first and then wait maybe a few days to a week and then cancel. I have one myself that I pm'd a couple days ago about. I have my bob on hold and was wondering if that was preventing them from picking out any books. But, I haven't received an answer yet. I'll probably wait a bit longer.

When an offer has been accepted, then you have an opportunity to give feedback. And once it's given, it can't be changed.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 1:22 PM ET
Member Since: 9/30/2006
Posts: 7,579
Back To Top

I would wait for a week or so, then if the person does not respond, send them a PM telling them pleasantly that if you don't hear from them in 2-3 days you will have to decline their kind offer.  Then decline and move on.

Want fewer ads?