Facebook
Skip to main content
PBS logo

Want fewer ads?

Discussion Forums - Crafting

Topic: Scrapbooking

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
hugbandit7 avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 9/4/2007 3:18 PM ET

Leslie, sounds like you need to be a distributor for company, with all the crops you are holding. Then you can have supplies on hand for when your attendees need something. Colleen

true but I don't want to be limited to one company's product.  and why pay more for paper when I can buy it on clearance or even in the $1 section at Target?!  I've also noticed that no one company ever has everything I want or need

but I don't mind sharing my supplies with friends, as long as they are buying some of their own and not using just mine!

ada04 avatar
Date Posted: 9/4/2007 6:18 PM ET
Hope, digital scrapbooking is just using a program such as Adobe Photoshop to create your layouts. You can get hundreds if not thousands of free kits online. Just do a Google search for free digital scrapbooking & you'll be amazed at what you find. :)
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 9:11 AM ET

Thanks Toni

Hope

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 11:39 AM ET

I'd love to come to your crops!!!  but they are a little too far away. 

I'm heading to scrapfest in Minneapolis at the Mall of America eearly Friday a.m. for teh entire weekend.  I can't wait!  I just have to figure out what to take with me.  I just ordered pics from walgreens that I'll pick up tonight.  They are all from my son's scout trip to Rocky Mountain National Park.  Plus I have pics of the family trip out there last April that I haven't done yet.  I like to work on things in a theme of some sorts to limit the amount of stuff I have to bring with me.  I'm not one who organizes all my pages ahead of time with choosing paper and such. 

Has anyone ever done iris paper folding?  I just learned how to do it this weekend and it's a wonderful way to use up your scraps.

michelle

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 4:14 PM ET

I'm a new scrapbooking addict- just started early this spring.  I love to look on scrapbook.com for ideas/inspiration, and also have gotten some good ideas from pencillines.com- it's a sketch challenge blog.  I have a couple of friends that I get together with every couple of months to scrap, and try to squeeze in some time on my own when I can. 

Leslie-  Do you live near Arlington?  I am in the mid-cities area and I actually would love to know if you have a good CM rep that hosts the all day crop you are going to.  I went to a CM crop in FW a few months ago and it was a lot of fun, but I was not impressed with the rep- not very responsive.

Vanessa

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 4:32 PM ET

Hi Vanessa

I am in Arlington and the CM rep that I sort of use (but rarely) is...oh darn, forgot her name.  oh Kim Spurlock.  I think she is located closer to Duncanville.

the all day crop I'm going to on the 22nd is actually a CM wide crop and not just done by Kim.  Kim does one in April closer to Duncanville but I haven't attended that one.   I was going to post the info but they have closed registration.

Kim's email is cmkspur@juno.com if you want to contact her and see what she offers.  If you are interested in the 9/22 all day crop, you can ask her if anyone has cancelled and if she has any openings.  It is at the Arlington Convention Center and was fun last year.  For details:  www.celebrateevents.com

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 5:18 PM ET

Thanks Leslie!! 

I have to work on the 22nd anyway, but maybe I can plan ahead for next year.  It sounds like a fun event!  I will hold on to Kim's info as well. 

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 9/5/2007 10:10 PM ET

well bummer that you have to work!  definitely plan on it for next year.  I filled in last year for a friend that couldn't go and it had me hooked! 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 10:13 AM ET

I finally decided to join a monthly kit club  www.scrap-room.com  I absolutely love it.  The kits are great and reasonably priced compared to a lot of them that are out there and cheap shipping.  I've made great friends on the message board.  They have monthly challenges and all kinds of resources on the site.  This year they held their first retreat in Wichita KS.  Next summer the retreat will be in minneapolis.  We had 3 separate votes.  The final was a tie b/t there and Chicago.  since they had to flip a coin, Chicago will probably host the retreat in 2009. 

Is anyone on here going to Scrapfest in Minneapolis this weekend?  I'm heading there tomorrow morning at 5:30.  Of course, since it is at teh mall of america, I'm sure there will be some shopping involved in this.

michelle

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 9:58 PM ET

Since i posted that this morning, I went to the doctor to get checked due to a car accident I had on the way home last night.  While the xrays on my neck, shoulder, back and head (whiplash type of injury) the other xray showed that the wrist i thought i sprained was broken.  So if you are at scrapfest and see someone who is trying to scrap with her left arm in a cast, that would probably be me!

michelle

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2007 10:00 PM ET

Michelle, I'm glad you are ok despite the broken wrist. 

I'm not in your area otherwise I would be on the lookout for you!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/11/2007 11:12 AM ET

So, Michelle...HOW was the Mall of america crop?? THat looked SOOO neat! Wish I lived closer. I would just love to go there any time! :)   Hows that wrist? How did you scrap with it? Geeez, that must have been hard to do.

I am booked up till Oct on my weekend scraps!  Since I got with CLose to my Heart.....I am involved with extra stuff too. The 22nd we are all doing a Christmas card thing.   Then I think everyone every where is doing some sort of crop for a cure (cancer) thing on the 29th. THen Im going away for the weekend in Oct! whew   THat one is fun. My friend and I went in like May I think it was, and the place was awesome, the people were nice and we got a few things done! lol

OK, off to go do something productive. Hopefully!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/12/2007 9:26 AM ET

Scrapfest was lots of fun.  I was a little slower than usual mostly b/c I had to figure out how to do things one handed.  the only problems were using a paper piercer, tearing paper, tying knots and bows and a couple other things.  everyone was so great and helpful.  the lines for the make n takes were horrible on sat. but not bad on sun or fri.  i'm sure the home vikings games helped on sun.  i got lots of great make and takes and all 3 of my classes were really nice.  i won a package of paper in my reminisce class.  my biggest problem was just being so worn out by the end of the night from the standing and walking and stuff that i had lost a lot of energy when it came time to scrap in the evening.

This week, i'm headed to a crop all day sat. with my 9 yo daugher in lennox SD which is just outside of sioux falls.  I'm going to a stampin up card class on the 20th and a crop at the local store on the 21st.  Abby is going to that one too, but her daddy picks her up at 9 so she can get some sleep and I get some mom time.  I'm still debating my plans for october 12th and 13th.  there is a scrapbook expo in town, but it's a little pricy and it doesn't look like they will have many vendors or stuff.  plus my husband will be gone the 12th through the 14th for a boy scout training camp for leader and he is one of the instructors.  i could leave the 13yo to watch his sis, but that just doesn't seem fair.  So i'm thinking about getting up really early on the 13th to drive to Des Moines with Abby to their expo.  it's only $5 each to get in, they have tons of vendors with make and takes and she saw a class that she would like to take that is $20 that i would enjoy too.  they have an acrylic album class, but that would be too advance for her.  it's 3 hours away, but it might be a fun girls day out.  Since Andrew is a teen , he enjoys having no parents for a day and hanging out with his friends.  just haven't decided yet.

michelle

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/17/2007 1:15 PM ET

I just went to an all day crop this past weekend and made out like a bandit!  They had giveaways all day and I won 2 of those (alphabet stickers and a travel paper/sticker pack) but then I got a call from the owner of the store who sponsered the crop and I won a door prize as well.  Not sure what it is though since I couldn't understand her, but I think it's some chalk.  Woo hoo.  Got some pages done and got some more done in my neice's book that I'm making my sister for Christmas.  I have tomorrow off, so I think I'm going to do some more scrapbooking and get some more pages done on her book.

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 9/18/2007 4:33 PM ET

I'm attending an all day crop on Sat and can't wait.  I don't know that I'll get there right at 9am but I'll get there by 10 and stay until about 4-4:30.  I need to see what time my friend is going to get there...bummer that I have to pay to park though as expensive as it was to attend this crop and have the lunch brought in....but it will get me focused on doing what I need to do!

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 9/24/2007 9:01 PM ET

The all day crop I attended on Sat was fun, wish I could have stayed longer.  I did get 8 pages done so at least that is something!

I also bought a bunch of CM tools....ugh, shouldn't have done it but I'm starting a crop at my house with some friends and need some of these tools...well I don't have to have them but they would be nice!  The crop I normally go to, they have everything but they are in Rowlett (other side of Dallas from me) and while I'll still go there every so often, I need some of this at my house.

kacarr61 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/30/2007 10:49 PM ET

I'm an avid scrapper and have been wishing there were related books listed for swap!  Maybe some day!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2007 9:30 AM ET

Kathy....actually there are sb books!!  Laura Childs writes them. She started or also writes a teashope mystery books.....now has about 4 sb mystery books out too!!  They are quick light reading.

Check them out!!!

hugbandit7 avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2007 5:21 PM ET

I've read the LC books and posted them not to long ago (of course all WL'd).  her new one is coming out this fall some time, but I'm sure I'll borrow it from the library because it is supposed to be a hard back

Dove avatar
Date Posted: 10/2/2007 9:31 PM ET

There is also a card making series by Elizabeth Bright.

Colleen

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/2/2007 9:46 PM ET

Ohhh, I did not know about that one!! Off to check it out tool

thanks

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/14/2007 12:29 PM ET

I ordered it, I got it...now I must read it!! lol 

Cant wait to start it either.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/17/2007 7:14 PM ET

SO, where IS everyone?  Does anyone go to crops? weekend retreats? anything like that?  I just went away for the weekend on 10/5&6,7   It was great! Im not sure which I enjoy more, getting away, scrapbooking or the woods/places/retreats I go! lol

What are YOU working on right now?

dragonbaby avatar
Date Posted: 10/17/2007 10:13 PM ET

I am working on my third scrap book - my son's first 5 years.  Or at least that is the plan...so far I have only done about the first 4 months of his life.   I have been scrapping with a friend of mine for about a year now.....in that time I have done 2 and she has done 12.....I guess I need to get into high gear....LOL!

Dove avatar
Date Posted: 10/18/2007 1:51 AM ET

I haven't attended any type of crop/event in a long, long time.  It seems that when I check my calendar, I already have something scheduled for the date.  sigh

I just plain can't afford the retreats and getaways.

Colleen

Page:
Want fewer ads?