Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Christian Book Recommendations

Topic: Seeking Christian site where Christian swap could begin- Know any?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Seeking Christian site where Christian swap could begin- Know any?
Date Posted: 2/10/2015 2:48 PM ET

I have truly enjoyed PBS and the exchange of books but don't do it as much, but enjoy the RAOK, Random Acts of Kindness Forum. Does anyone know of any Christian websites where forums can be started for free and maybe a Christian book exchange or offering free items ( greeting cards, ,stationery, craft supplies, bookmarks, stickers, small easy-to-mail items with no exchange of money or fees like they do on RAOK here???

Would love to see a Christian exchange especially for women.  Any suggestions welcome.

It would be nice to also share a short devotion or devotional thought and scripture, prayer, And maybe a chance to share one's testimony or God sightings in their life.

Last Edited on: 2/10/15 2:49 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
kingsdaughter1611 avatar
Date Posted: 2/13/2015 9:51 AM ET

I don't but would be interested if you find one. 

clariail avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2015 10:17 PM ET

If you are on Facebook, you could always start a group. I see all kinds of them on there and if you make it as closed group you would have more control over who joins. All of what you mentioned could be done in that group.

kingsdaughter1611 avatar
Date Posted: 2/17/2015 10:18 AM ET

I know of a group on facebook that swaps and sells Christian books but not exactly an RAOK forum or anything. Cynthia is right though, it wouldn't be hard to start one and keep it closed so things are kept under control of an administrator. 

Last Edited on: 2/17/15 10:19 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/18/2015 4:04 PM ET

Thanks Cynthia and Charity for your comments- I actually host 2 adoption groups on Facebook for adoptees- adopted women- a bible study and another one for sharing, testmonies and prayer support.  But Facebook groups don't exactly work like a forum and I don't see how you can have the different threads such as persons monthly wishlist,  Swap Random Acts of Kindness Items to Give Away, and Thank you thread, Coupons, etc.  You would have to scroll down to find things and it would get confusing and the listing posts would be long. The one advantage of having a Facebook forum is it could be private or by invitation or suggestions by other members- keeping SPAM out. Think its better to use a forum that list different threads of topics. Just my opinion- but it would be nice to find a place to have a free forum,  Thanks for sharing!!

kingsdaughter1611 avatar
Date Posted: 2/23/2015 9:20 AM ET

I think with a FB page you could do files? I haven't done one so please don't quote me on it but I think that would be easy to set up. Or maybe pinned posts at the top? I might be able to look into starting a page and seeing how it goes. Other than that I think your best option would be opening a blog maybe? But it would be very hard to keep control over everything. 

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/23/2015 5:50 PM ET

Forumotion.com

Free and you can set it up the way you want.

adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/24/2015 12:25 AM ET

Thanks Evelyn- will have to look into it and see if its easy to set up or not- thanks!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/20/2015 12:13 PM ET

'Morning Jody and everyone else :) I would love to be part of such a Christian forum. I have no clue how to start a group and don't use Facebook. I know years ago there was a way to with Yahoo create a group and have it set to be private so only invited members could join. Also what was fun on there was it did have a chat room (for just members of the group) so that would be a more live way we could talk. If anyone wants I could look into that. I would love to become more Bible versed and would enjoy reading with fellow women and friends on here. I also as Jody and some of you others may know love Christian stickers and stationery and it would be a lot of fun to swap between us. I am also in the process of writing a book that will be a collection of non fiction short stories all rooted in Christ and how He enabled the kindness and love shared in each story to occur. Am looking for a few friends to contribute a story to that. I am always up for joining together in praise and thanks to Our Lord.

Last Edited on: 4/20/15 12:13 PM ET - Total times edited: 1