Selected Works of R.D. Laing 7 Vol set (POD)
Selected Works of RD Laing 7 Vol set - POD Author:R. D. Laing This set reprints seven of Laing's major works, originally published between 1960 and 1971 and out of print for many years. — Laing was an existential psychiatrist who offered a radical critique of abnormal behaviour and social and medical models for its treatment. He was critical of the extent to which psychoanalytic concepts may conceal or dist... more »ort human experience and of the tendency to label the patient "sick" as opposed to looking at "sickness" in the patient's family or in society. It was Laing who argued that schizophrenia is not an illness but a label for another kind of problematic experience and behaviour.
Laing's ideas have been particularly popular among those who object to the hypocrisy of society and its treatment of those considered to be abnormal.
Available also as individual volumes, this set offers the ideal opportunity to replace missing or damaged volumes. Laing's works included in this set are:
* Volume One: The Divided Self:0-415-19818-6: 241pp: £45.00
* Volume Two: Self and Others: 0-415-19819-4: 186pp: £45.00
* Volume Three: Reason and Violence: 0-415-19820-8: 184pp: £45.00
* Volume Four: Sanity and Madness in the Family: 0-415-19821-6: 284pp: £45.00
* Volume Five: The Politics of the Family: 0-415-19822-4: 142pp: £45.00