Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Christian Book Recommendations

Topic: Sort of about books

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
patmat avatar
Subject: Sort of about books
Date Posted: 9/19/2014 1:59 AM ET

I posted in Community forum but know some here don't read there so.... anyways, I have had cancer twice and just found out that I have lost remission and it is back with a bang this time. Lungs, around aorta, in pelvic area, on the part of the belly that anchors guts and organs. Not sure about bone marrow this time, but since I am a Stage 4+ so what difference would it make to find out now.  Chemo starts Monday and when in remission (when, not IF!), I will begin the process to get a donor bone marrow transplant. Yuck, but my faith remains strong and I have started weeding through my TBR stack to make a tote bag that will go back and forth from chemo treatments, scans, multiple doctor trips, and through all the transplant stuff. I will be going about 3.5 hours away from home for that and it will require multiple trips back and forth before I even get medically cleared to receive transplant and find my donor. Then I will be there a good bit while transplant prep and administration is done and to make sure it takes. Hoping I can make a huge dent in my mountainous TBR pile!

kingsdaughter1611 avatar
Date Posted: 9/19/2014 6:03 PM ET

Oh Pat, praying for you!! Wisdom and strength, peace and courage, the Lord will be with you through everything. Please keep us informed and let us know everything is going okay. Also, feel free to message me about anything. 

Last Edited on: 9/19/14 6:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 1