This lady has a genuinely funny way with words. Her characters are marvelous and an absolute hoot to read about. Some of the descriptions in this book are a riot. Great humour, good mystery, just all around a great cozy. Looking forward to as many more as she can write.
This time Meg is helping run the Caerphilly Garden Club Rose Show. Nothing ever goes like planned and soon enough there are mysteries to be solved. Meg says she is staying out of this one but ends up right in the middle.
You will not be disappointed in this book. She did not complete all her thoughts and left you to think and figure it out. Love it when the writer keeps you guessing till the end.
If you have not met Meg and her family, start from the beginning. She has the most Colorful family. Never a dull moment in this family.
1. Murder with Peacocks (1997)
2. Murder with Puffins (2000)
3. Revenge of the Wrought Iron Flamingos (2001)
4. Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (2003)
5. We'll Always Have Parrots (2004)
6. Owls Well That Ends Well (2005)
7. No Nest for the Wicket (2006)
8. The Penguin Who Knew Too Much (2007)
9. Cockatiels At Seven (2008)
10. Six Geese A-slaying (2008)
11. Swan for the Money (2009)
12. Stork Raving Mad (2010)
13. The Real Macaw (2011)
As usual, Donna Andrews has written an intricate, hilarious murder mystery. I hope she keeps writing as long as there are different species of birds available.