Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - September Hot Topics

Topic: I just had to tell you all...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: I just had to tell you all...
Date Posted: 8/3/2012 10:01 PM ET

I saw an amazing show on the Science Channel this evening, an episode of Unearthing Ancient Secrets.  The show was called Secrets of the Great Plague, and they went through the theory why some people survived.  A scientist has discovered a gene he calls Delta 32, that appeared to confer immunity to the disease.  To test the theory, he sought out decendents of the survivors of the village Eyam, that we all read about in Year of Wonders.  The show went through some of the facts of the story, and they are so similar to the book!!  If you get this channel, try to see this show.  I was glued to the screen.

okbye avatar
Barb S. (okbye) - ,
Date Posted: 8/4/2012 12:49 AM ET

That's cool, I like things like that anyway. It's amazing the things our genes are telling them. 

tammy60 avatar
Date Posted: 8/4/2012 4:52 PM ET

Oh, how I miss not having satalite tv. crying  We used to watch the Science Channel, Discovery, History Channel, History Inter., & Animal Planet.  Carole, I love to watch those type of shows, very interesting.

Last Edited on: 8/4/12 4:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1