A Typographic Workbook: A Primer to History, Techniques, and Artistry
A Typographic Workbook A Primer to History Techniques and Artistry Author:Kate Clair Quickly master the concepts and skills you need to successfully design with type — a typographic WORKBOOK — To help you gain a deeper understanding of the effects produced by various fonts and typographic techniques, designer Kate Clair takes you on a fascinating tour of the innovative potential of type. Extensive visual examples illustrate the us... more »e of type as an expressive communication tool. From selecting the right font, to spacing it, to the creative integration of fonts, she explains the decisions made by successful designers. At the same time, she provides step-by-step guidance and numerous practice exercises that help you develop the confidence and skills needed to put that knowledge to work in your own designs. In addition, a detailed history of type is included.
A valuable professional resource for working designers and an indispensable training tool for graphic design students, A Typographic Workbook features:
* A historical overview of type and typographic technologies
* In-depth explanations of the formal qualities of different typefaces
* Skill-building exercises and projects to sharpen your skills
* Quizzes and review questions that help you gauge your progress
* An overview of computer terms and principles« less