Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Attack of the Factoids
Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Attack of the Factoids Author:Bathroom Readers' Institute Packed with more than 300 pages, Uncle John?s Bathroom Reader Attack of the Factoids is a fact-a-palooza of obscure information. Like what, you ask? Here are just a few extraordinary examples: — - Bats always turn left when they exit a cave. — - In the 1960s, astronauts trained for moon voyages by walking on Hawaiian lava fields. — - Lloyd?s of Lon... more »don insured Bruce Springsteen?s voice for 3.5 million English pounds.
- Physician Amynthas of Alexandria, Greece, performed the first known nose job in the Third Century B.C.
- Military toilet paper is printed in a camouflage design, since white could attract enemy fire.
- Elvis Presley always wore a helmet when watching football on TV.
- King Henry VIII?s ladies at court had a ration of one gallon of beer per day.
- It takes the energy from 50 leaves on an apple tree to produce one ripe fruit.
- The only country to host the Summer Olympics but not win a single gold medal was Canada, in 1976.
And that?s just the beginning! So what are you waiting for? ATTACK!« less