Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Usps says delivered, it isn't

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Subject: Usps says delivered, it isn't
Date Posted: 4/5/2024 9:28 PM ET

It's obviously not the sender's fault so I need to mark it received. Is there a way to get my credit back though?

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 4/5/2024 10:29 PM ET

Did you contact your post office to see where it was delivered? They can check the GPS if it was delivered to the wrong house. If it went to a neighbor, maybe they will drop it off to you or put it back in the mail stream.

You don't mark a book received if you haven't received it yet.

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 4/6/2024 9:53 AM ET

I kept getting an error message when I tried to submit a report to USPS. I just think the sender and myself shoudn't be out credits ...

rebeccam avatar
Date Posted: 4/6/2024 3:32 PM ET

The Help Center covers all of that about credits. Items get misdelivered daily so the USPS just needs to know and they may be able to get it back.

bookbuggg avatar
Date Posted: 4/6/2024 3:59 PM ET

I didn't see it there but thank you. I appreciate the suggestions very much!

Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 4/6/2024 7:23 PM ET

I had one that USPS said delivered (and it was, but to the wrong address). I went to the PO and talked to the Postmistress (they have access to info we don't even if we have Informed Delivery) and she checked and it was delivered across town. The sender had put my correct address on it, but the clerk, when they printed off the postage printed the wrong address and put it on the other side of the package and it was delivered to that address.  The house number and town were correct, but the street was wrong. The PO went to get it and I did get the book. What I didn't understand was why the receiver didn't just put not this address on it and put it back out, but they kept it for several days. 

rebeccam avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2024 7:00 AM ET

Misdeliveries are pretty common so it is always interesting the posts here about members not marking received. It may have been delivered but was it delivered to the correct address. At least with the tracking items thee is the GPS info from where it was actually delivered.

Just call or file the complaint about your misdelivery so that you can receive the book and mark it received.I always do mine online so there is written documentation and a case number.

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/8/2024 4:07 PM ET

If you don't receive a book, return of your credit is automatic after the 21 days allowed to the Post Office for delivery.

Look on the request for "Date of system action: XXXX-XXX-XX"

Last Edited on: 4/8/24 4:09 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 4/9/2024 5:40 PM ET

Pat, it seems many, many people let mail sit for days before opening so anything adressed to someone else won't be discovered and re-routed for a bit. If the address is near me, I will hand deliver to the correct house rather than write on the item ' mis-delivered'. 

Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Date Posted: 4/12/2024 8:11 PM ET

Jeanne - I couldn't let my mail sit for days, I'm too curious (or maybe nosy). I even have informed delivery so I have an idea of what I'm getting every day. LOL. Pat

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 4/13/2024 10:41 PM ET

My husband signed up for informed delivery, but rarely opens mail. Some days we get 30 pieces or so,  I will often only open the first class pieces til I have time to sit and separate the junk mail for trash vs recycle. 

Last Edited on: 4/18/24 11:54 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Date Posted: 4/17/2024 11:22 PM ET

Jeanne - I bet your mail person loves you. I don't get that much every day, but was getting so many books from PBS at one time my carrier started calling me "The Book Lady". LOL.

One year we decided to take a 5 week cross country trip (we lived in Maryland at the time and were going to California - driving) and I got catalogs from all the places we were going to stop at, and my mailman would bring several  every day, and finally one day he said to me, "I think I'll order a lot of catalogs so my carrier can bring lots to me."