Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: WL question

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: WL question
Date Posted: 12/14/2021 9:33 AM ET

I'm sure I should know this but there's a book on my WL that remains in the same queue postion (#4) as last week, despite it being noted there were 2 wishes granted last week. Does that mean the members who got WL offers for this book were behind me in the queue? Or something else?

Leslie22 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 12/14/2021 6:04 PM ET

They could have been ahead of you but had their wishlists on hold.  Once they remove the holds, they will be next in line.

riksny avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/14/2021 7:34 PM ET

Also, there's this:

Can I offer my Wish Listed book directly to another member?

Yes!  If you have a book that is on someone's Wish List, then all you need to do to offer that book directly to that member (and NOT to the first person on the Wish List) is to go to the member's Wish List and click the  button there to Post the book as a direct offer to that person.  Be sure the ISBN on your book matches the ISBN on her Wish List!

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/14/2021 11:02 PM ET

Standard Members are also given the option when posting to post to a friend's bookshelf instead of FIFO.

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/15/2021 7:40 AM ET

So most likely the 2 WL offers granted last week went to friends of the posters and those friends could have been behind me in the queue. That was my guess, I just wondered if it could be something else and then it might have been the accounts coming off hold or a combo of both.

Thanks for your comments.

r801 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 12/17/2021 6:59 PM ET

I had a WL offer last week but couldn't get into the site  to check on it (site certificate issue)....then I get an email b/c I didn't respond on time I lost the offer......sigh....oh well,not like I don't have a LOT of others to read!