Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Health & Fitness Forum Health & Fitness Forum

Topic: Water!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
leecat2 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Water!
Date Posted: 4/9/2010 10:47 AM ET

Hi!  I stopped drinking bottled water a long time ago, because of the health risks of BPA. Here is a new vidoe on bottled water that you may find interesting.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/learn/blog/annie-leonards-new-movie-story-bottled-water?source=email

musicnlyricz avatar
Date Posted: 9/1/2010 8:28 AM ET

Wow. This is interesting. I'm drinking bottled water right now. Guess I'm making a change starting today.

Robey avatar
Date Posted: 1/24/2011 7:20 PM ET

Don't drink bottle water, get it from my fridge which is filtered and carry a non BPA container with me at all times.

In addition to not drinking bottled water, just thought I'd toss in a reminder to drink lots of it....I do about 8-10 glasses a day. :)

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 7/17/2011 12:56 PM ET

There are a few more good reasons not to drink bottled water.

• Much of it is simply expensive tap water.
  • Many municipalities have excellent water systems and there is no reason to buy water.
  • In those cases where it is not actually tap water, the company may be depleting the water supply of the local population.
  • Used water bottles are a significant part of our solid waste problem.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 8/24/2011 7:02 AM ET

Nora, you go girl !

chels21 avatar
Date Posted: 10/25/2011 1:27 PM ET

I also quit drinkning bottled water a while ago, once I started doing some research on it. Now I have invested in a good water bottle that I fill up with filtered water from my sink and stick in the fridge for the next day. Tastes better to me too.