Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Is there any way to???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Is there any way to???
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 10:26 PM ET

I'm brand new to this site and I tried looking up the answer, but couldn't find an answer.  Here is my question: Can you message someone regarding a book to find out information on it?  It's not regarding the condition, but I have a series of books that I want all to be the same type of covers.  Is it possible to find out?  I know the covers of the book and the image on here don't have to match.

sarahstorms avatar
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 10:52 PM ET

If I understand your question, I belive if you want information on a specific book (ie book condition) you'd have to actually request it and then PM the person who has it on their shelf.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 10:57 PM ET

Is there a penalty for requesting and then cancelling if it's not what I'm looking for?  I would rather not request multiple items and have to cancel on others...

crysstine avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 11:20 PM ET

If I were you I would set up a Requestor Condition (RC) describing which covers you want.  Just be sure to turn them off if you are requesting books that aren't in that series.  That way you won't have to cancel books if they aren't what you are looking for.  Plus you won't run the risk of someone accepting and mailing the book before they look at your PM. 

MaryMary avatar
Date Posted: 4/19/2009 12:05 AM ET

You can also ask on relevent forums.  You may be surprised at what people can tell you.  :)