Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Put weight amount on wrong book

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Put weight amount on wrong book
Date Posted: 12/5/2021 8:47 AM ET

I am running a sale on my shelf and had a person order some books and then they took advantage of my sale.  I needed to redo the weight due to the free books.  I went to put in the weight and realized when I went to print the label that I had put it on the wrong book (was trying to do multiple things at one time) so now the book that I mistakenly put it on has way more postage than it needs and I can't figure out how to go back so that I can get a refund on the overpayment so that I can print a correct label.  I sent a message to the help desk but was just wondering if anyone else had ever been in this situation and what they did.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 12/6/2021 12:48 PM ET

Looks like double posts are happening again.......

hardtack avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/6/2021 9:08 PM ET

I once printed the wrong postage and, following PBS guidelines, I sent in a message about it right away. They canceled the charge. This is just one reason why I usually only mail out one book a day. I remember once printing the correct postage for two books but inserting them into the wrong envelopes. I don't remember how I realized that but I had to open the envelopes and switch them out.