Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Cooking Cooking

Topic: The Weight Loss & Fitness Challenge 'Cookbook' Thread

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
holly-berry avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/14/2014 8:04 PM ET

Not a recipe but I read a tip to substitute extra virgin olive oil for butter/margarine on your toast--It flavors it but people tend to use a lot less than they would with a spread of other hard fats. So less calories and you're gaining healthy fats! 

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/2/2014 12:39 PM ET

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

4 Large Graham Crackers

8 tsp. Low calorie Margarine, melted

1 pkg. (3 1/2 oz.) Sugar free Cook-type Chocolate Pudding Mix

2 c. Skim Milk

6 T. Peanut Butter

Reserve 1 tablespoon cracker crumbs. Mix cracker crumbs with margarine. Press into 8-inch pie pan. Prepare pudding using skim milk. Add peanut butter while pudding is still hot: stirring until melted. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill 3 hours. Serves 6

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 12/5/2014 8:05 AM ET

OK, I should have been here sooner.  MUCH sooner.   And I haven't read all the recipes posted, so I don't know if I am posting a repeat, but here goes:

Smoothies are a breakfast must for me.  I don't add honey since the yogurt is sweetened already.

Banana Ginger Smoothie

Soothe digestion, heartburn, nausea, and other stomach trouble with the fresh ginger in this natural remedy drink.

SERVINGS: 2

1 banana, sliced
¾ c (6 oz) vanilla yogurt
1 Tbsp honey
½ tsp freshly grated ginger

COMBINE the banana, yogurt, honey, and ginger. Blend until smooth.

NUTRITION (per serving157 cals, 1 g fat, 0.8 g sat fat, 57 mg sodium, 34 g carbs, 28 g sugars, 1.5 g fiber, 5 g protein

I found this to be really thick (more of a yogurt than a smoothie) and adding a little 1% milk helps - this changes the nutrition, however.

Last Edited on: 12/11/14 3:05 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
holly-berry avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/8/2014 10:11 AM ET

Get Your Veggies 

1 small or medium sweet potato

Handful of fresh spinach or 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach

1/2 cup rinsed black beans

Salt & pepper

Peel and cube sweet potato. Cook gently until tender in a small pot barely covered with water. At the end of cook time, add your spinach and let Wilt. Add black beans, salt pepper to taste. 

Eat as is, add to a baked potato, over rice, in a burrito, to eggs etc

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 12/11/2014 3:05 PM ET

OK, this is a basic but very good recipe:

Green Bean and Olive Oil Recipe

(Makes 4 servings)

1 pound green beans
2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Place a large pot with 1" of water on stove and heat to high. Remove the stem end of the green beans and wash. When water reaches boil toss in green beans and cook for 5-10 minutes until your favorite consistency (this will depend on how tough the beans are). Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper and serve. To get fancy add sliced or slivered almonds.

I like my steamed veggies 'al dente', so I tend to think less is more for time, even only a couple of minutes.

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 12/14/2014 6:37 PM ET

SO, I have been looking thru cookie recipes for the holiday and I think I found a keeper:  I'll let you know how they come out! (they are amazing and the only cookies I ate for the holiday this year - when I didn't have almonds I used walnuts and that was really good too)

Almond Clouds Recipe

Makes 40 cookies

Inspired by A Chef’s Life

2 large egg whites
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chopped almonds

Preheat oven to 250 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand held mixer, beat egg whites until starting to get fluffy.

Slowing drizzle the brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg in the bowl while you continue to whisk. When the batter is stiff (like cookie batter), gently fold in the vanilla and almonds.

Drop cookies using a spoon onto the cookie sheets in rows of five (each cookie sheet should fit 20 cookies – they do not spread). Bake for 20 minutes.

Allow to cool and enjoy!

For one cookie = 39 calories, 2.4 g fat, 0.0 g saturated fat, 3.7 g carbohydrates, 2.9 g sugar, 1.2 g protein, 0.6 g fiber, 19 mg sodium, 1 Points+

Points+ values are calculated by Snack Girl and are provided for information only.
Want more recipes like this? Get my book

Last Edited on: 12/27/14 4:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Subject: Sesame-Ginger Grilled Tilapia
Date Posted: 12/21/2014 7:33 AM ET

Prep time: 5 minutes (15 minutes marinate time extra)
Cook time: 5 minutes

2 Tbsp. soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1 Tbsp. sriracha (hot chili sauce)
1 tsp. peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. sesame seeds
4 (4 to 6 oz.) tilapia fillets

1.  Preheat grill to med. (300 to 350 degrees).  For the marinade, in a large baking dish stir together soy sauce, sriracha, ginger, oil and sesame seeds.  Add fillets; turn to coat.  Let stand 15 minutes.

2.  Cut 4 (8 inch) sheets of foil; coat with nonstick cooking spray.  Remove fillets from marinade; reserve marinade.  Place 1 fillet on each foil sheet.  Place foil sheets on grill.  Grill 5 to 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with marinade occasionally.  Transfer fillets to individual plates, and serve.

Serves 4

per serving: 130 calories, 3.5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 4g protein.

holly-berry avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/21/2014 10:19 PM ET

Sweet Potato, Black Bean, Spinach, and Pepper Vegan Enchiladas

Yield: 4 Enchiladas
Ingredients:
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped (~2 cups)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sweet potato, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 handfuls spinach, chopped
1 can black beans (~2 cups), drained and rinsed
Enchilada sauce 
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice, to taste
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder, or to taste
4 whole grain tortilla wraps 
Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce, to pour on top (recipe below)
Green onion & chopped cilantro, to garnish

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grab a baking dish large enough for 4 enchiladas. Pre-cook the chopped sweet potato, by simmering it in a small pot of water for about 5-10 minutes until just tender. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet or pot, add 1 tbsp oil and bring to medium to low heat. Add in the chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until translucent. Add in garlic and reduce heat to low and cook for a couple more minutes. Now add the chopped pepper, pre-cooked sweet potato, drained black beans, and chopped spinach. Cook for about 5-7 more minutes on medium-low heat.
3. Now add in your enchilada or pasta sauce. Stir well, and add in your seasonings: nutritional yeast (optional), cumin, fresh lime juice, salt, garlic powder, chili powder- all to taste. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Stir well.
4. Scoop about 3/4-1 cup of the mixture onto the bottom of your casserole dish and spread out in a thin layer. Scoop about 1/2-3/4 cup of the mixture onto each tortilla and wrap, placing the fold down on the casserole dish. Repeat for the remaining 3 tortillas and leave a bit of filling left to spread over the top. 
5. Bake tortillas at 350F for 18-20 minutes. Meanwhile, make your Cilantro cream sauce (see below). When enchiladas are cooked, remove from oven and pour the sauce over top. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onion. Serve immediately. Makes 4 enchiladas.
Note: Depending on what kind of sauce you use, you will have to adjust the seasonings to taste. I used a pasta sauce so I likely needed more seasonings to achieve the taste I desired.

Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce

Yield: ~1.25-1.5 cups
Ingredients:
1 & 1/4 cup avocado flesh
2 tbsp water, or more as needed to thin out
2-3 tbsp lime juice, to taste
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
1 cup packed fresh cilantro
1 tsp kosher salt, to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp ground cumin
Black pepper, to taste
Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. In a food processor, process the avocado flesh and water until creamy. Now add in the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and well blended. Use immediately for best results.

Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/05/04/vegan-enchiladas-with-cilantro-avocado-cream-sauce-2/#ixzz3Map9inz1

Holly's note: These are really good! However, I did not add the sauce and bake. I heated the tortillas, added the filling and rolled them up with the avocado sauce drizzled on top. 

Last Edited on: 12/27/14 4:27 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Subject: Kale Chips
Date Posted: 12/25/2014 5:23 AM ET

INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2014 Allrecipes.com

I like to add flavors & textures sometimes: shake on garlic powder, chili powder, sesame seeds, drizzle lemon.  Just use your imagination.  Also, keep the oil on the light side so it's not soggy.

Last Edited on: 12/25/14 5:23 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
holly-berry avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 12/27/2014 4:24 PM ET

Oh my goodness, I made this soup for a starter for Christmas Dinner and it is delicious! I used an organic rostiserie(sp?) chicken for the meat and the bones for a homemade broth for the soup base. It was amazing with the lemon and dill. I don't think I'll go back to regular chicken soup again.

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/chicken-rice-soup-spinach-lemon-dill.aspx

1-1/2 Tbs. olive oil or canola oil
2 cups finely chopped onion 
1 cup finely chopped or diced carrot
1 cup finely chopped or diced celery
Kosher salt
1 large or 2 small bay leaves
3 quarts Homemade Chicken Broth or lower-salt chicken broth
3-1/2 to 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
3 cups cooked-until-barely-tender white rice
10 oz. spinach, well washed and dried, tough stems removed, and chopped into 2-inch piece
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1 to 4 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions for serving (optional)
TIP:

If you made the chicken broth yourself, use the meat from that bird; otherwise you can use the meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large (at least 8-quart), heavy-duty pot or Dutch oven. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and 1/2 Tbs. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned in places, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the bay leaf or leaves and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.

Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are completely tender, 20 to 30 minutes.

Stir in the shredded chicken, the rice, and spinach. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until all are tender and the flavors meld, 5 to 10 minutes.

Stir in the dill and 1 Tbs. of the lemon juice. Taste, and add more lemon juice, 1 Tbs. at a time, if needed, up to 4 Tbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish each bowl with 1 Tbs. sliced scallion, if you like.

nutrition information (per serving): 
Calories (kcal): 200; Fat (g): fat g 6; Fat Calories (kcal): 50; Saturated Fat (g): sat fat g 1.5; Protein (g): protein g 12; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 3.5; Carbohydrates (g): carbs g 29; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): sodium mg 1320; Cholesterol (mg): cholesterol mg 0; Fiber (g): fiber g 4;

Last Edited on: 12/27/14 4:26 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 12/29/2014 7:42 PM ET

A quick snack...

Rice Cake With Peanut Butter, Coconut, and Dried Cherries 
Spread 1 rice cake with 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons toasted unsweetened shredded coconut and 2 teaspoons dried cherries.

177 calories | 2 g fiber | 5 g protein | 11 g fat
debsbooks avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Chicken Meatloaf- Low Carb
Date Posted: 1/5/2024 12:18 PM ET

One of my favorites.

Ingredients

1 1/2 lb. ground chicken

2 large eggs,  beaten

1 medium onion, finely chopped

1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped

1/4 c. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley

1/2 c. plain breadcrumbs

1 oz. Parmesan, grated (about 1/4 cup)

1/4 c. country-style Dijon mustard

1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. dried oregano

1/2 c. ketchup, divided

2 tbsp. brown sugar

Directions

Step 1Make meatloaf: Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine chicken, eggs, onion, bell pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, mustard, Worcestershire, oregano, and 1/4 cup ketchup  in a bowl until just combined. Transfer mixture to a standard (8 1/2 x 4 1/2) nonstick loaf pan.

Step 2Make glaze: Whisk together brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup ketchup in a bowl. Brush glaze on top of meatloaf. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and cook until an instant-read thermometer reaches 160°F, 35 to 40 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.

Last Edited on: 1/5/24 12:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
icantswim avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/6/2024 1:10 PM ET

I love this recipe. It's fairly easy, and delicious. The leftovers are great and last a few days.

It's from the America's Test Kitchen Complete Mediterranean Cookbook that I am offering as a prize in the 2024 Fitness Challenge.

Cooking - The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook: 500 Vibrant, Kitchen-Tested Recipes for Living and Eating Well Every Day (The Complete ATK Cookbook Series)

We're having it for dinner tonight!

Penne with Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic, and Basil | America's Test Kitchen  Recipe

Penne with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

1 shallot, sliced thin

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

2 pounds cherry tomatoes, cut in half (if you need to use grape tomatoes, don't add the sugar below since grape tomatoes are sweeter than cherry tomatoes)

3 lage garlic cloves, sliced thin

1 tablespoon basalmic vinegar - we use 1.5 tablespoons because this is the heart of the flavor. Be sure to use high-quality basalmic. We use 25-star, which you can buy at various local olive oil shops or spice shops. We get ours primarily from Savory Spice. I copied a picture below of another one we get from Santa Fe Olive Oil & Basalmic Company.

1.5 teaspoon of sugar, or to taste

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste

1 pound penne pasta noodles

1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil

fresh grated parmesan cheese - we use a lot, but we love cheese :) 

salt and fresh ground pepper

Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. New Mexico 25 Star Dark Balsamic Black Gold

Recipe:

1. Adjust oven to middle position. Heat to 350 degrees. 

2. Toss sliced shallot with 1 teaspoon oil in a small bowl.

3. In a separate large bowl, gently fold all of the halved cherry tomatoes with: remaining olive oil, thinly sliced garlic, basalmic vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and red pepper flakes. 

4. Once the tomato mixture is well combined, spread the tomato mixture on a large, rimmed baking sheet - like a cookie sheet with edges. The tomatoes should be in a single layer. On top of the tomato mixture, top with the sliced shallots that are sitting in the oil.

5. Put the baking sheet in the oven. Roast until the shallots begin to brown and the tomato skins shrivel - about 35 - 40 minutes. (DO NOT stir the tomatoes during roasting.) Once done, let cool for 5 - 10 minutes.

6. While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the penne pasta to al dente. Be sure to add some salt to the water. Drain the pasta once it is done. Also, chop the fresh basil.

7. In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked pasta. Then, using a rubber spatula, scrape the tomato mixture (with all of the juices!!) off of the baking sheet on top of the pasta. Top with the fresh basil. Fold all of this until it is well combined.

8. Plate, top with fresh grated parmesan.

9. Eat, yum!

Last Edited on: 1/7/24 3:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 7
books4meme avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/11/2024 1:12 PM ET

Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut-Miso Sauce

Sauce

• 1/3 C peanut butter
  • ¼ C honey
  • 3 T yellow miso
  • 2 T water
  • 2 tsp lime juice
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper

1 lb skinless/ boneless chicken breast

12 butter lettuce leaves (depending on size of leaf)

2 C-  2” juiliene cut carrot

2 C – 2” julliene cut peeled jicama

1 C – 2” julienne cut seeded, peeled cucumber

1 C bean sprouts

1 C shredded red cabbage

Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stir well with a whisk.  Set aside.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coasted with cooking spray over medium high heat.  Add chicken, cook 4 min on each side or until done.  Cut chicken into 1/4 “ thick slices.

Divide chicken evenly among lettuce leaves, top with carrot, jicama, cucumber, bean sprouts and cabbage.  Roll up and secure with pick.  Serve with sauce.

CacaoBear avatar
Standard Member medalGame Moderator Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/11/2024 8:34 PM ET
Bama-Booklover avatar

Date Posted: 1/11/2024 2:00 PM ET

WEEKLY RECIPE

Banana Egg Pancakes

stack of pancakes on a plate with bananas on top with maple syrup drizzling down

frogslady avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Recipe
Date Posted: 1/12/2024 8:04 AM ET

Last month I was going through lots of old recipes I found in a box. I tossed a lot since they no longer fit my lifestyle, but I tried this one and my daughter and I really like it. It was cut from some women's magazine and was promoted as a way to get kids to eat more vegetables. What you see below is not exactly what was in the magazine because I changed it to match the way I cook. It called for an 8x8 pan and I didn't have one so I used a loaf pan but the next time I make it I will use my new 8 x 8 pan.

1/4 cup oil or butter
4 cups / 1 pound frozen veggies
1/2 tsp salt
seasonings to taste: onions, garlic, pepper, ? (I do it differently every time)
6 oz / 1.5 cups shredded/grated cheese
4 eggs
1 cup Bisquick (I use gluten-free)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Butter 1.5 quart baking dish (8x8 or loaf)
  3. Heat veggies with butter/oil (I usually start with frozen veggies and heat in microwave.)
  4. Beat eggs with salt (use big bowl!)
  5. Add veggies/butter, seasonings, Bisquick, 1 cup cheese; stir till combined
  6. Pour in baking dish
  7. Cover top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
  8. Bake till set. (loaf pan about 33 min, 8x8 pan about 25 min)

So far I've made this the first time with California blend, but if I do it again I think I'll chop the bigger pieces a bit. 
Then I made it with broccoli and peas, because that is what I had on hand, but my daughter did not like the peas.

Today I plan to make it with broccoli and cauliflower.

icantswim avatar
Standard Member medalBox-O-Books medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Recipe Week #2 Fitness Challenge
Date Posted: 1/13/2024 12:32 PM ET

Roasted Root Vegetables (side dish)

This is a great recipe to have delicious roasted root vegetables as a side. We also like it when we have guests over as you can just add more of everything to make as much as you need.

Ingredients:

1 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2 inch slices

1 lbs fresh whole carrots, peeled, cut into 3-inch lengths - from there, cut the thicker peices in half or quartered

2 Vidalia onions or sweet onions cut into 1-2 inch onion chunks

10 whole garlic cloves, peeled, ends trimmed

1 Tablespoon  fresh rosemary, chopped - we use at least 1.5 Tablespoons, and eyeball it - we like a lot of rosemary

1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

1.5 teaspoons Kosher salt (or large grain sea salt if Kosher is unavailable)

1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

Recipe:

1. Adjust over rack to middle position. Heat oven to 450 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients: potatoes, carrots, onion, whole garlic cloves, rosemary, olive oil, Kosher salt, pepper.

3. Once well-mixed, spread the vegetables onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Spread on two baking sheets if the first one can't hold a single layer.

4. Roast for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through roasting. Check for done-ness. You'll know it's down when there is a light brownness to the ends. The garlic is soft like butter and a knife can easliy slice a potato.

5. Eat, yum!

Last Edited on: 1/13/24 12:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
debsbooks avatar
Subject: Weight Loss Cabbage Soup
Date Posted: 1/16/2024 9:18 AM ET

Weight Loss Cabbage Soup serving in ladle

Ingredients

• 8 cups vegetable broth
  • â¢1 yellow onion , chopped
  • â¢3 cloves garlic , minced
  • â¢4 cups cabbage , cut into 1 inch chunks
  • â¢3 carrots , sliced
  • â¢3 stalks celery , sliced
  • â¢1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
  • â¢1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
  • â¢1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • â¢1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • â¢28 ounces diced tomatoes , do not drain

Instructions

• Add the vegetable broth, onion, garlic, cabbage, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and diced tomatoes then stir well.

• Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes until cabbage and carrots are tender.

Bama-Booklover avatar
Subject: Zero Point WW Cheesecake Recipe
Date Posted: 1/16/2024 12:11 PM ET

No photo description available.    LOOKS YUMMY TO ME.......

Zero point WW Cheesecake Recipe

Ingredients

2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract

3 Eggs

1 Box Instant Sugar-Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix (unmade)

3 Cups Fat Free greek Yogurt

1/4 Cup Splenda

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix eggs, Splenda, vanilla, and yogurt until fully blended.

Add in dry cheesecake pudding mix a little at a time until well blended. Do not dump it all in at one time or you will end up with a big lump.

Grease a 7-inch push or springform cheesecake pan. I also used a greased piece of parchment paper at the bottom of my pan.

Pour cheesecake mixture into greased pan.

Bake in the center of the oven for 40 minutes. Will be just slightly golden and just starting to crack when done. The center will still be slightly jiggly.

Let cool to room temperature. Then cover and store in the fridge until fully chilled before serving.

#wwrecipesecipes #weightwatcherssupport #weightwatchersrecipes #weightwatchersnewplan #weightwatchersonline #weightwatchersworks #weightwatchersfamily #wrightwatchersnewplan #weightwatchers #wwnewplan

debsbooks avatar
Date Posted: 1/16/2024 12:14 PM ET

I will be trying that one Lynn, for sure. 

CacaoBear avatar
Standard Member medalGame Moderator Coordinator medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/18/2024 10:02 PM ET

I've made this several times, and it's really good!!

NO DOUGH PIZZA

Crust:

• 1 (8oz) package of full fat cream chees, room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlick powder
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping:

• 1/2 cup pizza sauce
  • 1 1.2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • toppigs - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
  • Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350°.

Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.  With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese until combined.  Spread into baking dish.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.  Allow crust to cool fro 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust.  Top with cheese and toppings.  Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder.  Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

NancyAZ avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/18/2024 11:48 PM ET

Rotini Stir Fry  (from Lite Delight 300 Calories or Less!)

I made this a lot while my kids were growing up but I haven't made it in awhile.

• 1/2 of a (1 pound) package Rotnini, uncooked
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 2  boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (about 12 ounces)
  • 1 cup fresh broccoli flowerets
  • 1 cup carrot curls
  • 1/2 cup slice red onion
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp Chicken-Flovor instant Bouillon
  • 1/2 tsp tarragon leaves
  • 2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese

Prepare Rotini as package directs; drain.  In large skillet, heat oil, add chicken, broccoli, carrots and onion.  Cook and stir over medium heat until broccoli is tender-crisp.  Add water, bouillon and tarragon, cook and stir until chicken is cooked through.  Add hot cooked Rotini and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.  Serve immediately.

Calories   225
Fat           6 g
Sodium   123 mg  
Cholesterol  37 mg

Looking at his recipe and knowing how it tasted in the past, I would suggest you add some extra seasoning.  It is tasty but it could use a bit more flavor.  I love the Penzey's spice Mural of Flavor and think that would give it the oomph it needs.  

frogslady avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Yum
Date Posted: 1/19/2024 12:21 AM ET

I want to try the pizza from Karen and the cheesecake from Lynn... if it ever warms up enough here to go out to get groceries!

frogslady avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Overnight oats
Date Posted: 1/19/2024 12:28 AM ET

I'm trying to eat more oatmeal for the fiber and the effect on my blood pressure.

using this recipe means I can make it ahead and the extra protein means I don't get hungry again as fast.

High Protein Overnight Oats

CacaoBear avatar
Date Posted: 1/19/2024 11:12 PM ET

Then this one is for you Margaret!

I can't find a written recipe, so I have to just share this video I saw ... I haven't tried it yet, but I will!!  I'll be using bananas on the green side, though ... since the more ripe they are, the more they affect my blood sugar.

No more bread! A quick and easy breakfast!

Page: