Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: What is Correct Forum to Learn About New PBS Features/Suggest New Features?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
thebigaym avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: What is Correct Forum to Learn About New PBS Features/Suggest New Features?
Date Posted: 1/4/2024 7:34 AM ET
rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/4/2024 8:42 AM ET

I don't know which is the correct forum for learning about new features but the top forum in CMT is "Suggestions wanted for PBS".

rebeccam avatar
Date Posted: 1/4/2024 7:46 PM ET

The Help Documents will help you learn how the site works. https://www.paperbackswap.com/help/help_index.php

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/5/2024 11:49 AM ET

Here's the page listing the Features. PBS also used to send out a newsletter and the What's New page used to keep an ongoing list of all the new features, but these haven't been updated very recently.

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/8/2024 7:18 PM ET

You can also suggest a new feature by going to the bottom right corner of any page. Under "Company", click on "Contact Us" and use the Feedback option there.

JRS75 avatar
Date Posted: 1/24/2024 5:39 PM ET

Does anyone remember the last time PBS added a new feature?  I don't.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 1/24/2024 8:22 PM ET

Yes, I think it was the friends preference option for when you post a WL book. I know many members were not happy that friends of members could skip ahead in the WL line. I saw a rash of folks requesting me to be their ' friend' after that even though I did not know them at all through chatting, playing games, or participating in the raoks. I do not do ' auto friends'. 

starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/2/2024 10:56 PM ET

It's been a few years since there's been a newsletter.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 3/3/2024 1:01 PM ET

It appears the best way to discover a new feature of PBS is when you stumble across it, either because it just shows up on other features you use, or by stumbling over it by chance. 

In my case, the newest feature I discovered is the option to select the cost of postage when acknowledging receiving a book. I think this is helpful, as postage rates seem to be changing much too often. And the previous dropdown menu you basically auto-created youself often had old postage rates on it.

Last Edited on: 3/4/24 8:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1