Discussion Forums - Classic Literature

Topic: What kind of books are the very old ones?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: What kind of books are the very old ones?
Date Posted: 10/13/2014 1:16 AM ET
Member Since: 2/26/2013
Posts: 1
Back To Top

So, this is kind of an odd question. I would like to know if there's an overall name to the particular style of design of what books used to look like before ~80's or 90's. There's a particular style of how the hardcover, dimensions, paper material, font, even the minimalist presentation of the book's content are made which I think were the standard way of how books were written and made back in the 60's and beyond. Today, books come in softcover, written in fonts that are too thick or thin and whose words are uncomfortably spaced, and some come even with images, as if I'm some kind of child who can't understand what he's reading unless there are colorful pictures. I find that that design is prevalent in modern books and I do not appreciate it. Here's an example of what the kind of book I'm looking for looks like through the pages: http://tinyurl.com/le7qbfs

Last Edited on: 10/13/14 1:21 AM ET - Total times edited: 2