Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Contemporary Fiction

Topic: what are you reading this March?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: what are you reading this March?
Date Posted: 3/20/2014 5:51 PM ET

I just finished Meg Wolitzer's The Interestings, and I was enthralled! What a wonderfully told story. I've read other books by this author, but they were rather forgettable--NOT THIS ONE!

Rose

SanJoseCa avatar
Date Posted: 3/21/2014 9:22 AM ET

I just started  reading THE HUSBAND'S SECRET by Liame Moriarty.  In this novel, the author chronicals the lifes of several middle aged, middle class Australian women.  So far, this is a complex but believable story that deals with the implications of choosing between right and wrong. The writing is witty!  I'm liking it a lot.

craftnut avatar
PBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 3/23/2014 6:23 PM ET

Threadbare by Monica Ferris
And DH just got me this -

The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe
spacer.gif

The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe
Author: Mary Simses

Last Edited on: 3/23/14 6:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Cosmina avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2014 8:36 PM ET

After reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyes, I ordered a copy of Ship Of Brides.  I am halfway thru it and it is totally different from MBY.   So far 3.5 stars.     I also started a series by Debbie Macomber about Dakota.  I need something easy to deal with as my month is going to be pretty hairy.    Last but not least, I am reading City of Shadows by Ariana Franklin.  I am just sick that she passed away before she could write any more books.  crying

Wildhog3 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2014 11:17 PM ET

I started The Boat by a young writer named Nam le. It has 8 long short stories. My first impression is that this man is very good. Has anyone else read it? If so, waht did you think of it?