Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: What are you reading this week Apr 12 - Apr 18 ?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 12:37 PM ET

I've got a mini-stack with  me here at work - trying to decide and the one that's most appealing to me won't qualify for one of the challenges I'm doing on RT!

here are the challenge contenders - To Love a Texas by Georgina Gentry (book set in home state), Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts or Whisper of Roses by Medeiros(a flower in the title), Dead Until Dark(dead or death in the title), Northern Lights by Nora Roberts or Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz(bothRT award winners for something or other)

willaful avatar
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 8:08 PM ET

I'm back to The Dangerous Gentleman. I was hoping for angsty but somehow it's just depressing. :-( 

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 8:10 PM ET

To Love a Texan isn't doing it for me yet..sigh..also the woman is a teacher so I can use it for that challenge (teacher/governess/schoolmarm) instead of for one set in my home state(Texas) and read something else for Texas...I should've finished it as slow as we were at work..heck should have been able to finish 2 books..but I was  lazy.

lighthouse-lady avatar
Date Posted: 4/18/2009 9:20 PM ET

I finished Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare.  I have no idea why it took me so darn long to get into this book, but once I did - wow!  The last 2/3 of the book really grabbed me and I ended up loving it!

Now I'm about to start Secret Desires of a Gentleman by Laura Lee Guhrke.  I've never read anything by her... hope it's good.

seton avatar
Date Posted: 4/19/2009 1:13 AM ET

finished THE MARRIAGE DEAL - Sara Craven

I have no idea why I read her crap. I hate her squeamish virgin doormat heroines. I hate the typical forced sex she often has in her books

Page: