Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: when does one receive the credit in the process?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
bibikikitrutru avatar
Subject: when does one receive the credit in the process?
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 11:06 AM ET

Last Edited on: 1/3/10 10:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
rubberducky avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 11:13 AM ET

Olivia, senders mark the book mailed, and if you buy PBS postage, you get the credit right then, when you mark it.  And another good thing about that is that even if a receiver never marks a book received, you get to keep the credit:P  Otherwise, for just the PBS DC, it's when it gets a scan from the USPS and that scan is transmitted to PBS, or when the book is marked received for anything you just print or hand write the mailing label for.

Last Edited on: 4/30/09 11:14 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
pvc avatar
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 11:19 AM ET

Here a link about not getting Marked Received

Last Edited on: 4/30/09 11:19 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Debra23 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 12:07 PM ET

I always use PBS printable postage or DC because I can't stand the suspense of waiting for the book to be marked received;)

fangrrl avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 1:18 PM ET

I use DC, and buy postage at USPS.  Since the book is scanned USPS at the counter, the info is downloaded in the evening around midnight & the credit posted to my account at that time.

Because sometimes RL happens and receivers forget to log books in promptly, or even the same week.

Last Edited on: 4/30/09 1:22 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Sianeka avatar
Sianeka - ,
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 2:18 PM ET

All of the above posters answered correctly, but I thought I'd summarize to make things easier.

No additional postage services purchased (free PBS Wrapper):  You receive your credit when the Requesting member receives the book and marks it as received in the system

PBS Delivery Confirmation used :  You receive your credit when USPS scans the package as delivered.  (This may end up being earlier than using the "free" wrapper method, but sometimes is the same amount of time depending on how late USPS scans and uploads the scanned information.  However, PBS DC often allows you to follow, or track, the package, en route if it happens to be scanned several times along the way.  And using PBS DC gives you a guaranteed credit, even if the package is never delivered or gets lost.  NOTE: Purchasing Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office will get you tracking/delivery confirmation scans, but does not guarantee you a credit upon delivery scan, nor guarantee your credit if book goes lost. Only PBS DC will give you that.  And PBS DC is cheaper than USPS DC.)

PBS Preprinted Postage used:  You receive your credit as soon as you click the Mailed button after you've printed the wrapper.  This is the fastest method to get your credit.  There is a built-in PBS DC, so you get the tracking and delivery confirmation benefits as well.

Last Edited on: 4/30/09 2:21 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
bibikikitrutru avatar
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 8:13 PM ET

ta