Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Wish I was as the beach August, What are you reading to stay cool or even h

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mkmbooks avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Wish I was as the beach August, What are you reading to stay cool or even h
Date Posted: 8/1/2016 2:56 PM ET

New Week!

Reading Donna Thorland's The Rebel Pirate, Where the Wild Things Bite by Molly Harper and Kelly Bowen's A Duke To Remember.

missyh avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/1/2016 8:07 PM ET

I read Pain by Ashley Wheels today. It was ok but I didn't love it. 

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/5/2016 4:38 PM ET

I have the new Whybourne & Griffin book, Fallow, to start tonight!  By Jordan L. Hawk (e?).  I was surprised to learn this was the 8th book in the series. I've been reading since the first but it didn't seem as if I've already read 7!

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/6/2016 7:35 PM ET

I started the Lucky Moon series by MJ Oshea and Piper Vaughn. I liked the first one, Moonlight Becomes You. Going to start the second one, The Luckiest, tonight or tomorrow. 

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/6/2016 8:56 PM ET

I've read parts of that series, Missy, and enjoyed everyone I did read. 

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/6/2016 9:05 PM ET

Oh good! I'm really looking forward to this second one. I hear Nick 's love interest is quite flamboyant. Exactly what I've been wanting in my m/m these days. 

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/7/2016 6:46 PM ET

Loved The Luckiest! And I'm about 1/2 way through the last one, Moonstruck. 

ETA: Finished Moonstruck. Not sure what's up next.

Last Edited on: 8/7/16 11:50 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 8/8/2016 9:10 AM ET

Read quite a bit this weekend. Finally finished The Bronze Horseman, wish I would have loved it like everyone else. It was a 3.5 star read for me. I didn't hate...I just didn't love it. Read Kerrigan Byrnes The Highlander and I really loved it. I also read Ashlyn Macnamura's To Lure a Proper Lady. Molly Harper's Where the Wild Things Bite was funny and painful at times. Sarah Castille's Chaos Bound, I liked it better than the last one, but still have questions. What happened to Viper's baby? Who has it? Did Shaggy not truly know who Naiya was all these years? How did he not know what was happening to her mom, the fact that she died in Viper's bed was brought up a couple of times in past books, so how could he not have known? Why did he walk away that night, who said he couldn't have both? Since I didn't get my last set of questions answered...except for one, I doubt I shall get these answered either.

goddessani avatar
Date Posted: 8/8/2016 4:20 PM ET

I did a couple of rereads over the weekend:  Candy Man by Amy Lane and Just Desserts by Mary Calmes.  I'm currently reading Ice in Sunlight by Julia Leijon.  Oh, I also read an old Betty Neels, The Doubtful Marriage. 

goddessani avatar
Date Posted: 8/8/2016 9:48 PM ET

Go here and you can download 6 free e-books, including one by Courtney Milan.  When I clicked on different titles, it offered me even more free ebooks! I had to give my first and last names, email address and what book form I wanted (ie epub, pdf or mobi).  Once I filled in the first, it remembered it for the rest of the books I downloaded! 

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/9/2016 6:18 PM ET

Thanks Ani!

I just finished Spectacularly Broken by Sage C Holloway. Loved it!

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/13/2016 12:05 PM ET

I finished Reaper's Fire by Joanna Wylde this morning. Great addition to one of my fave MC series. 

mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 8/14/2016 10:25 PM ET

I finished it too Melissa and I didn't really love it. I thought that the Cooper/Talia situation got way too much page time and Gage and Tinker not enough.

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/14/2016 10:43 PM ET

Dang, I wanted to strangle Talia so bad. Lol

I read Moto by M. Never today. It was a pretty quick, fun, and HOT read. It's been awhile since I've read menage. devil

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/20/2016 7:36 PM ET

I read Borrowed Trouble by Kade Boehme and enjoyed it. I also read After the Scrum this morning and loved this one. Omg, sweet and sexy and so freaking funny at times. 

mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 8/20/2016 10:23 PM ET

Finished Sandra Brown's Sting...a really awesome read as usual. Mean Streak is still my favorite, but no one writes contemporary romance like SB. Well done!

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/21/2016 2:08 PM ET

I read Big Love by Rick Reed today. I liked certain moments but for the most part, wasn't thrilled with it. 

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/21/2016 2:09 PM ET

I read Big Love by Rick Reed today. I liked certain moments but for the most part, wasn't thrilled with it. 

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 8/28/2016 3:18 PM ET

I read Endless Forever by E.M. Lindsey. It's the first book I've read with a trans character. I gotta be honest and say it's a bit confusing when you get to the sex scenes. Lol! I did like it tho.

I also read a horror book that's been on my tbr for too long and was disappointed in it. Especially after all the reviews. Ah well.