Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Wish list blocked when on vacation hold?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
tracymar avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Wish list blocked when on vacation hold?
Date Posted: 4/17/2023 11:58 PM ET

I am a homebound frequently incapacitated senior citizen living alone in public housing on only $600/month. Since I am unable to get to the post office (and have no one in my life who can do errands for me), I put my account on vacation hold, and am buying book credits so that I can purchase books here. However, I just discovered that none of my wish lists have been coming in all year because my list list is on vacation hold and therefore inaccessible. I don't see any information about wish list that indicates that it's blocked (especially for paid members) if the person put themselves on vacation hold.

Does anyone know if this is a policy or mistake, and if the wish list (I have 192 books on it) can be unblocked without taking oneself off vacation hold? I hate to remove my vacation hold and then have to reject all book orders.   Tracy  (if you have a response, any chance you can message me since I don't check the site unless I got an email message from pbswap?)  thankyou.

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/18/2023 7:25 AM ET

I sent you a PM./Marya

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/18/2023 11:47 AM ET

Tracy when you put your account on Vacation Hold, it means that you are NOT available to either send books OR accept wishlist books. 

In your case, you want to receive Wish List books while you are away from home. PBS will have to handle your wishlist book offers for you. For PBS to do that you'll have to have your Wishlist set to "Auto-Accept"  AND there has to be Credits and Free Swaps immediately available for PBS to take without asking you.

As an option you can put you bookshelf books on "Hold" individually. However your books will drop down to the end of the que for outgoing books when you bring those books off hold.