Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Wished for by Many

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: Wished for by Many
Date Posted: 5/15/2022 12:29 AM ET

I am currently reading a book that I know many are wishing for, but this copy won't post to those ppl because it's from a different publisher.  I found it by going to the author's page.  It was the only copy available!  How can I post it so that those wishing will see it?  I checked all my friends' WL and none of them are wanting it.  Someone wants this book!  Is there a way to let them know I have it?  Thanks!  gardngal

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/15/2022 8:23 AM ET

It doesn't post FIFO either?

You could PM a few friends with the ISBN and tell them you have another version of the book. If any want your copy they can post it to their WL via the ISBN which would allow you to send it to a friend.

soelo avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/15/2022 1:38 PM ET

That is a common issue. If the system recognizes it as the same book under a different ISBN, it will email people when you post it to let them know there is an alternate version available. If it is not snapped up in the first few days, then post it here:

https://www.paperbackswap.com/Wishlisted-Under-Different-ISBN-2022/topic/325427/

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/15/2022 4:35 PM ET

If you post it, PBS will alert the wishers for the other versions if it is linked, as Sarah explains. I just posted a zero wishers book and it was immediately snapped up because other versions are WL; some books hover at 0-1 copies because they're just popular enough that a supply of available copies does not build up. So as a popular book, even if it's not linked and it's the only one posted in the system it should be ordered quickly enough. If it does take longer you can post it in the under a different ISBN thread in the Book Bazaar that she linked to above.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 5/15/2022 10:05 PM ET

I get offered WL titles all the time under a different ISBN, but since I rarely check in on email more than once a day, they are already snatched up by the time I see the email.........RATS!!!!!     So yes, wishers should see your offer if they have their accounts marked to get such emails from PBS.