Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: Wishlist Multiples

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mom2nine avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Wishlist Multiples
Date Posted: 5/10/2023 11:46 AM ET

Although WL multiplies is only posted every three months, lists continue to change.  I add a new book to my listing every couple of days.   So if you enjoy ordering multiples of books with a wishlist, please be sure to check out that post more often than every couple of months cool

lionrose avatar
Date Posted: 5/11/2023 9:18 PM ET

Thanks Susan. That's a great reminder for members to check it out from the beginning every once in a while because many of the earlier messages are updated over the 3 months.

I use the WL multiples thread too & change out the original post as my books are requested each quarter. Sometime no one is interested in the combinations I'm offering and I put them back in FIFO but right now I have a great deal on a popular mystery series with a lot books in it. I want to send out to one member because the books are the smaller paperbacks that are easy to mail out bundled together. It would be a great binge read for someone (like me, lol) who likes to do that.

txhockeymom avatar
Date Posted: 5/13/2023 7:12 PM ET

\

Last Edited on: 5/13/23 7:14 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sulock avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/16/2023 9:29 AM ET

Susan I think this post is important.  It use to be you could hardly post books there and they would fly out.  Now I list there but there seems to be no interest or no one looking.  After a few months I usually donate to the library.  I have spent way too much money sending out books and never getting any wish listed books so I am cutting back on mailing. I think there are a lot of club members doing the same.  It seems like I send out lots of singles and looking back since Jan I could have bought my wish list books instead of fullfilling others shelves....And I have lots of wish listed books.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 5/18/2023 5:00 PM ET

Just a thought.  I am not ordering HBs because they cost so much to mail when I finish with them.  Living in a rural area I have to drive to the PO to mail as well which costs more.  Others may feel the same way.  I do use the WL Multiples but am more selective than I used to be.  Look for authors I really want to read and am gradually checking my WL to see if I have books that have been there a long time that I can remove.  One question I do ask is if the library has the book that I can read and return.  I don't see myself leaving PBS because I like to see comments from others I trust about books I am considering.

Last Edited on: 5/18/23 5:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
stormcreature avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/18/2023 12:11 PM ET

I joined 12 years ago and this place was awesome. I will never leave but wish they would advertise or something. They need to be more active on social media. Lot of independent writers I'm sure would send in stuff for giveaway for a homepage write-up.  Same with publishers. Take the Amazon button off and work out a deal to direct to an actual bookstore like Barnes & Noble. In exchange they put flyers in their stores. I don't know but try something. Miss the way it was.