Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Graphic Novels & Manga

Topic: Yaoi Fans FYI Out of Print Mini Restock & Sakira titles at June

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
scifiponygirl avatar
Subject: Yaoi Fans FYI Out of Print Mini Restock & Sakira titles at June
Date Posted: 1/21/2016 1:21 PM ET

Don't know if this is allowed or not, but since it is just an FYI, hopefully it is okay.  

June is currently running a Kickstarter for 4 yaoi Manga by Sakira: Wild Boyfriend, Boyfriend in Heat, Sailor Men and Don't Rub Yourself Against My Ass! The kickstarter has been funded, so these WILL be printed and all stretch goals have been met as well.  Lots of add on goodies are available to different pledge tiers (posters, postcards, swag, etc). However, these titles will not be available afterword according to June. At this time the ONLY way to get them is to go through this kickstarter campaign as they will only be printing the number of books to go to the kickstarter backers!  So this is your only opportunity to get them!  In addition, there is a mini-restock of sold out, out of print yaoi mangas available to the kickstart backers ONLY.  Titles include Seven Days (both books), That Was Good, Hey, Sensei!, Hey Class President, all 8 volumes of Tyrant Falls in Love, No Touching at All, and more. A rare opportunity to get these hard to find out of print mangas (that tend to go for hundreds on Amazon!).  The campaign ends FEBRUARY 4th, so if you are going to participate you only have two weeks left. Find all titles and details at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalmanga/publish-sakira-bara-yaoi-titles?ref=email

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/31/2016 11:46 PM ET

Last Edited on: 7/8/23 6:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
scifiponygirl avatar
Date Posted: 1/31/2016 11:56 PM ET

You're welcome!  I'm a backer myself and have ordered a bunch (there goes the tax refund!)  As a die hard yaoi fan I try to keep up when things are available. Thought others wouldn't mind knowing about it before the deadline. I personally love Sakira, her stuff is more bara (no girly ukes) but not overly (some bara goes a bit overboard on the macho uke trope IMO).   And they are funny!  So I'm really looking forward to getting them. I've also ordered several of the restock books, so many titles that are so hard to find!  I'm really excited to get them.  I've had a lot of people tell me they are happy that I posted this, so I plan to post more as they come along as FYI's.  

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/5/2016 2:42 AM ET

Last Edited on: 7/8/23 6:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 1