|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
A couple months ago, I came up with the idea to randomly order the books on my shelf, and review each book using the number of words corresponding to the rank. (http://www.paperbackswap.com/forum/topic.php?t=166888) I had fun doing it, and so I decided since it's been a while, I'd do it again. I happen to have 23 books again at the moment (though they're not all the same as they were two months ago), so here are my thoughts about the books on my shelf, in 23 words or less. (Order courtesy of random.org's list randomizer.)
If you catch me using the wrong number of words, you get the book for free. If see anything interesting, please order! If you'd like a deal on multiple books, feel free to ask.
1. The Lost World :: - Decent.
2. An Incomplete and Inaccurate History of Sport :: - Pretty funny.
3. Jurassic Park :: - Loved when younger.
4. The Cheater's Handbook : The Naughty Student's Bible :: - Gift idea for students?
5. Bleachers :: - Good football story; atypical Grisham.
6. I'm Back for More Cash : A Tony Kornheiser Collection (Because You Can't Take Two Hundred Newspapers into the Bathroom) :: - Collection of columns. Funny, but dated.
7. What's the Story :: - Lateral thinking puzzles. The illustrations are great.
9. Strengthsquest: Discover And Develop Your Strenghts In Academics Career And Beyond :: - I haven't read this. Probably useful for someone interested.
11. Questions and Answers About the United Methodist Church :: - Good introduction for someone looking to learn more about the church.
12. Answers to: What Would Jesus Do? :: - Good gift idea for teens. Even though the WWJD fad has passed.
13. The Trumpet of the Swan :: - Good kids' book, but not as good as Stuart Little or Charlotte's Web.
14. The Bourne Supremacy :: - Like The Bourne Identity, nothing like the movie. Probably my favorite Bourne book, though.
15. Night Shift ::
Last Edited on: 2/22/10 2:22 PM ET - Total times edited: 2