Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Christian Book Recommendations

Topic: 2013 Christian Reading Challenge - LISTS ONLY!!!!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
clariail avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: 2013 Christian Reading Challenge - LISTS ONLY!!!!
Date Posted: 11/26/2012 3:41 PM ET

This thread is for the 2013 Christian Reading Challenge beginning January 1, 2013, and is for your LISTS ONLY

Anyone can join in at any time (after Jan 1 of course)

You can fill in your lists before the challenge starts, or you can fill it in as you go along.  And, of course, you can change your lists up as time goes along too.  You are not locked into your choices if you make them now.

You are welcome to add your own categories to your list or if you would like you can send me a PM and I will see about adding them to the main list.

All of the categories pertain to Christian books only, whether they are fiction or non-fiction.

Have Fun!

clariail avatar
Date Posted: 11/26/2012 3:41 PM ET

The Beginning and The End:  Read either the first book an author wrote or the latest book that the author has written.
When a Heart Stops: A Novel (Deadly Reunions Bk 2) :: Lynette Eason   1-17-13   5 Stars

Be Like Minded:  Read five books that are somehow connected. Be as creative as you want in connecting the books. They can be by the same author, about the same character, set in the same time period...whatever you can come up with.

Well Intentioned:  Read 6 Books from your TBR that have been on there the longest
What the Cat Dragged In (Jacques and Cleo, Bk 1) :: Gilbert Morris
The Christian Atheist: Believing in God but Living As If He Doesn't Exist :: Craig Groeschel
Watches of the Night (Ben Reese Mysteries) :: Sally Wright
The Renovation (Project Restoration, Bk 1) :: Terri Kraus
The Strange Man (Coming Evil, Bk 1) :: Greg Mitchell
Nothing but Trouble (P. J. Sugar, Bk 1) :: Susan May Warren

Visit An Old Friend:  Read a book by an author that you love

A New Face in the Crowd:  Read a book by a new to you author
Cast of Stones, A (The Staff and the Sword)    Author: Patrick W. Carr   5-17-13

Mortal Fire (The Secret of the Journal)    Author: C. F. Dunn      5-10-13

Out of my Comfort Zone:  Read a book in a genre that you would usually never pick up (fantasy, mystery, contemporary, etc)
Daughter of Light (Follower of the Word, Bk 1)  Author: Morgan L. Busse   5-3-13

New Creation:  Read a newly released book in 2013
A Matter of Trust (Mia Quinn, Bk 1)   Author: Lis Wiehl      3-30-13

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing:  Read a book over 400 pages

The Words Say This But It Really Means That:  Read an allegorical story (The Harbinger, The River, The Shack, etc)

I Wanted to be a ? when growing up:  Read a book where the main character portrays what you thought you would be when growing up.  For instance:  a doctor, a policeman, a fireman, etc.

You Like me, You Really Like Me:   Read a Christy Award or INSPY awards for 2012/2013

I Always Wanted to Travel:  Read a book set outside of the United States

Wide Open Spaces:  Read any book not Amish
Darkness Rising (East Salem Trilogy, Bk 2)   Author: Pete Nelson, Lis Wiehl  4-18-13

Go the Extra Mile:  Read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries?  Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction  (http://www.wherethemapends.com/Booklist/booklist_intro.htm)  OR  (http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/)  OR  http://www.speculativefaith.com/

Hooked Again:  Begin and finish a new to you series

Favorite Biblical Person:  Read a non-fiction book or a fictionalized account concerning your favorite biblical person

Extra, Extra Bonus

Spread the Word:  Post a review of a book that you have read in the monthly review topic and you will be entered for a random drawing of a WL book to be chosen by me (valued under $15).  There will be a minimum of 4 drawings a year with maybe a couple of more thrown in.  You do not have to track them.  I will get the names from the thread.  A person may only win once.

Last Edited on: 6/10/13 9:44 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
ABCatHome avatar
Limited Member medalMember of the Month medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Amanda's List for 2013
Date Posted: 11/27/2012 1:28 PM ET

The Beginning and The End:  Read either the first book an author wrote or the latest book that the author has written.

Be Like Minded:  Read five books that are somehow connected. Be as creative as you want in connecting the books. They can be by the same author, about the same character, set in the same time period...whatever you can come up with.

Well Intentioned:  Read 6 Books from your TBR that have been on there the longest

Out of my Comfort Zone:  Read a book in a genre that you would usually never pick up (fantasy, mystery, contemporary, etc)

The Words Say This But It Really Means That:  Read an allegorical story (The Harbinger, The River, The Shack, etc)

I Wanted to be a ? when growing up:  Read a book where the main character portrays what you thought you would be when growing up.  For instance:  a doctor, a policeman, a fireman, etc.

You Like me, You Really Like Me:   Read a Christy Award or INSPY awards for 2012/2013

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries?  Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction  (http://www.wherethemapends.com/Booklist/booklist_intro.htm)  OR  (http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/)  OR  http://www.speculativefaith.com/

Favorite Biblical Person:  Read a non-fiction book or a fictionalized account concerning your favorite biblical person

Extra, Extra Bonus

Spread the Word:  Post a review of a book that you have read in the monthly review topic and you will be entered for a random drawing of a WL book to be chosen by me (valued under $15).  There will be a minimum of 4 drawings a year with maybe a couple of more thrown in.  You do not have to track them.  I will get the names from the thread.  A person may only win once.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/27/2012 3:05 PM ET

The Beginning and The End:  Love on the Line by Deeane Gist (1/7/13)

Be Like Minded:  Amish Books:

A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston (completed 3/31/13)

A Life of Joy by Amy Clipston (completed 4/17/13)

A Season of Love by Amy Clipston (completed 4/27/13)

The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis (completed 11/1/13)

The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis (completed 11/15/13)

Visit An Old Friend:  A Whisper of Peace by Kim Vogel Sawyer (completed 3/15/13)

A New Face in the Crowd: Operation Bonnet by Kimberly Stuart (completed 10/12/13)

Out of my Comfort ZoneThe Sword by Bryan Litfin (completed 12/2/13)

New Creation: The Guardian by Beverly Lewis (completed 12/3/13)

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing: Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers (2/1/13)

The Words Say This But It Really Means That:  Read an allegorical story (The Harbinger, The River, The Shack, etc) (Christianbook.com has a separate category under Fiction for allegorical if you should need other examples)

I Always Wanted to Travel Though Mountains Fall by Dale Cramer (1/24/13) - set in Mexico

Wide Open Spaces:  All Things New by Lynn Austin

Bonus Categories:

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 12/4/13 5:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 11
JoyfulatHome avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Looking forward to a new year!
Date Posted: 11/28/2012 8:52 AM ET

Subject: Meg's List for 2013

The Beginning and The End: Read either the first book an author wrote or the latest book that the author has written.     Double Blind by Brandilyn Collins (Jan.)

Be Like Minded: Read five books that are somehow connected. Be as creative as you want in connecting the books. They can be by the same author, about the same character, set in the same time period...whatever you can come up with. #1 A Tempered Faith by Jennifer Sands (Jan.) #2 China Cry The Nora Lam Story  (Feb.) #3 Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis (Feb.)  #4 The Divine Embrace by Ken Gire (July)

Well Intentioned: Read 6 Books from your TBR that have been on there the longest    #1-Beloved Stranger by Judith Pella (Feb.)  #2 Where Two Seas Met  by Lynn and Gilbert Morris (April)  #3 Texas Angel by Judith Pella (July)

Visit An Old Friend: Read a book by an author that you love  The Fiddler  by Beverly Lewis (April)       The Calling of Emily Evans  by Janette Oke (June) 

A New Face in the Crowd: Read a book by a new to you author  Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot  Jan. 2013

Out of my Comfort Zone: Read a book in a genre that you would usually never pick up (fantasy, mystery, contempory, etc.) The Veritas Conflict by Shaunti Feldhahn  (April)  Contemporary Fiction depicting Spiritual Warfare

New Creation: Read a newly released book in 2013 The Chance by Karen Kingsbury  (May)   A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans (July)

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing: Read a book over 400 pages  The Widow of Larkspur Inn by Lawana Blackwell  (March)  A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman (500 pages---May)

The Words Say This But It Really Means That: Read an allegorical story (The Harbinger, The River, The Shack, etc)  The Shack by Young (March) I do not recommend this book.

I Wanted to be a ? when growing up: Read a book where the main character portrays what you thought you would be when growing up. For instance: a doctor, a policeman, a fireman, etc.   The Dance  by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley  (June)  I always wanted to be a wife and mom. This story is about a woman who had given her life to be the wife of Jim and mother to three children. Her daughter is getting married and she realizes her own life is not all she thought it would be. I have been married 36 years and have 4 children, two daugters-in-law, and 6 grandchildren and I am glad God has given me my heart's desire.

You Like me, You Really Like Me: Read a Christy Award or INSPY awards for 2012/2013  2012 Christie Award winner--The Maid of Fairbourne Hall  by Julie Klassen (March)

I Always Wanted to Travel: Read a book set outside of the United States  God's and King's by Lynn Austin (Jan.) set in Israel

Wide Open Spaces: Read any book not Amish   The Lamp  by Jim Stovall

Go the Extra Mile: Read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012  read 56 in 2012   48 so far in 2013

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries? Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction (http://www.wherethemapends.com/Booklist/booklist_intro.htm) OR (http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/) OR http://www.speculativefaith.com/

The Hobbit  by J.R.R. Tolkien  (March)

Hooked Again: Begin and finish a new to you series  Families of Honor Series by Shelley Shepard Gray  #1 The Caregiver  (Jan.) #2 The Protector (Jan.)

#3 The Survivor (Jan.)

Favorite Biblical Person: Read a non-fiction book or a fictionalized account concerning your favorite biblical person

Extra, Extra Bonus

Spread the Word: Post a review of a book that you have read in the monthly review topic and you will be entered for a random drawing of a WL book to be chosen by me (valued under $15). There will be a minimum of 4 drawings a year with maybe a couple of more thrown in. You do not have to track them. I will get the names from the thread. A person may only win once.

I wrote a review of The Shack by William Young. I do not recommend it. (march)

Review of The Noticer  by Andy Andrews.  (May) This is a great book for all to read.

Review of The Dance  by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley  (June)

Last Edited on: 8/27/13 6:20 AM ET - Total times edited: 44
Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Lynn's List for 2013 COMPLETED
Date Posted: 12/7/2012 5:22 PM ET

The Beginning and The End:  Read either the first book an author wrote or the latest book that the author has written.  Read Anna Weaver's first book and her latest:  Surviving the Revival: A Glimpse into the Life of the Weaver Family Band and That's How We Roll: A Hilariously True Tale of Life on the Open Road.

Be Like Minded:  Read five books that are somehow connected. Be as creative as you want in connecting the books. They can be by the same author, about the same character, set in the same time period...whatever you can come up with.   READ FIVE NEW LOVE FINDS YOU books

1. Love Finds You in New Orleans, Louisana by Christa Allan
  2. Love Finds You in Camelot, Tennessee by Janice Hanna
  3. Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada by Susan Paige Davis
  4. Love Finds You in  Silver City, Idaho by Janelle Mowery
  5. Love Finds You in  Charm, Ohio Annalisa Daughety

1.    The Pattern of Her Heart (Lights of Lowell, Bk 3) (Large Print) :: Judith McCoy-Miller, Judith Miller, Tracie Peterson 

2.    A Tapestry of Hope (Lights of Lowell, Bk 1) (Large Print) :: Judith McCoy-Miller, Judith Miller, Tracie Peterson 

3.    Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them (Walker Large Print Books) :: Liz Curtis Higgs 

4.    Fields of Grace :: Kim Vogel Sawyer 

5.    A Love Woven True (Lights of Lowell, Bk 2) (Large Print) :: Tracie Peterson, Judith Miller 

6.    The Thorn (Rose Trilogy , Bk 1) :: Beverly Lewis

Visit An Old Friend:  Read a book by an author that you love    The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

A New Face in the Crowd:  Read a book by a new to you author   Surviving the Revival by Anna R. Weaver

The Influence (Supernatural Thriller) by Matthew John Slick   (kindle)

New Creation:  Read a newly released book in 2013   A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing:  Read a book over 400 pages  A Tapestry of Hope by Tracie Peterson

The Words Say This But It Really Means That:  Read an allegorical story (The Harbinger, The River, The Shack, etc)   The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans

I Wanted to be a teacher, then a nurse when growing up:  Read a book where the main character portrays what you thought you would be when growing up.  Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio---The main character is a schoolteacher, for years I wanted to be a teacher.....

You Like me, You Really Like Me:  The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis (This book was awarded the Christian Retailing Award for Amish Fiction)

I Always Wanted to Travel:  Read a book set outside of the United States   A Quarter for a Kiss by Mindy Starns Clark (Located in the Virgin Islands)

Wide Open Spaces:  Read any book not Amish   Baby, It's Cold Outside by Susan May Warren

Go the Extra Mile:  Read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012   ---COMPLETED in August!!

Christian Reading books for 2012 = 59           CR BOOKS READ 2013 =  78

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries?  Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction  The Third Millenium by Paul Meier

Hooked Again:  Begin and finish a new to you series   Wings of Glory series by Sarah Sundin including A Distant Melody, A Memory Between Us, and Blue Skies Tomorrow.

Favorite Biblical Person:  Read a non-fiction book or a fictionalized account concerning your favorite biblical person:  Bad GIrls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 12/24/13 9:32 PM ET - Total times edited: 76
caralen avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Completed!
Date Posted: 12/18/2012 6:17 PM ET

I'm in! :)

The Beginning and The End: Idleman. Gods at War: Defeating the Idols that Battle for Your Heart (completed 4/1)

Be Like Minded: Read five books that are somehow connected. Be as creative as you want in connecting the books. They can be by the same author, about the same character, set in the same time period...whatever you can come up with.

Andrews. Love in a Broken Vessel (completed 4/4)

Shirer. Life Interrupted: Navigating the Unexpected (completed 4/10)

Well Intentioned: Read 6 Books from your TBR that have been on there the longest

Andrews. Love Amid the Ashes (completed 3/4)

Chan. Crazy Love (completed 3/27)

Kanner. Sinners and the Sea: The Untold Story of Noah's Wife (completed 9/1)

Taylor. Ruth: Mother of Kings (completed 11/17)

Visit An Old Friend: Bell. What We Talk about When We Talk about God (completed May)

A New Face in the Crowd: Warren. Take a Chance on Me (completed 5/25)

Out of my Comfort Zone: Lee. Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gay vs. Christian Debate (completed 2/28)

New Creation: Lee. Iscariot: A Novel of Judas (completed 3/1)

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing: Read a book over 400 pages

The Words Say This But It Really Means That: Stengl. Heartless (completed 11/13)

I Wanted to be a ? when growing up: Read a book where the main character portrays what you thought you would be when growing up. For instance: a doctor, a policeman, a fireman, etc.

You Like me, You Really Like Me: Read a Christy Award or INSPY awards for 2012/2013

I Always Wanted to Travel: Higley. Isle of Shadows (completed 6/1)

Wide Open Spaces: Higley. So Shines the Night (completed 4/17)

Go the Extra Mile: Read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries? Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction (http://www.wherethemapends.com/Booklist/booklist_intro.htm) OR (http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/) ORhttp://www.speculativefaith.com/

Bateman. Thirsty: A Novel (completed 3/13)

Hooked Again: 

Carlson. The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor series

1. Bad Connection (completed 1/25)
  2. Beyond Reach (completed 1/28)
  3. Playing with Fire (completed 1/28)
  4. Payback (completed 1/29)

Favorite Biblical Person: Read a non-fiction book or a fictionalized account concerning your favorite biblical person

Last Edited on: 11/17/13 2:14 AM ET - Total times edited: 19
virginiajeanne avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 12/20/2012 7:12 PM ET

The Beginning and The End:  At Every Turn by Anne Mateer

Be Like Minded:  Read five books that are somehow connected. I read 5 westerns that were set in the 1800's.

A Home in Drayton Valley by Kim Vogel Sawyer (1880)
A Vision of Lucy by Margaret Brownley (1882)
Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer (1870)
Betrayal by Robin Hatcher (1899)
Under the Summer Sky by Lori Copeland (1893)

Emily's Chance by Sharon Gillenwater 1/14
Finding Marie by Susan Page Davis 3/10
Inside Story by Susan Page Davis 5/22
Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer/ Mike Yorkey 1/26
A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander 5/14
Lost Melody by Lori Copeland/ Virginia Smith 2/4

Visit An Old Friend:  A Home in Drayton Valley by Kim Vogel Sawyer

A New Face in the Crowd: Be Still My Soul by Joanne Bischof

Out of my Comfort ZoneRunaway (Starlight Animal Rescue) by Dandi Daley Mackall (YA)

New CreationFlora's Wish by Kathleen Y'Barbo 

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing:  Glamorous Illusions by Lisa T. Bergren

The Words Say This But It Really Means That:  The Memory Quilt by T.D. Jakes

I Wanted to be a ? when growing up:  A Wedding Invitation by Alice Wisler (teacher)

You Like me, You Really Like Me:   Borders of the Heart by Chris Fabry (2013 nominee)

I Always Wanted to Travel:  Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer & Mike Yorkey

Wide Open Spaces:  The Trouble with Cowboys by Denise Hunter

Go the Extra Mile:  Read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012 (2012=119, 2013=145)

Bonus Categories:

Hooked Again:  TJ and the Time Stumblers by Bill Myers

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 12/31/13 11:12 AM ET - Total times edited: 21
kingsdaughter1611 avatar
Subject: Definitely joining in:)
Date Posted: 1/1/2013 10:22 PM ET

The Beginning and The End:  Read either the first book an author wrote or the latest book that the author has written. DONE

Flight of the Earls by Michael Reynolds

Visit An Old Friend:  Read a book by an author that you love DONE

Strand of Deception by Robin Caroll.

Out of my Comfort Zone:  Read a book in a genre that you would usually never pick up (fantasy, mystery, contemporary, etc) DONE

If the Shoe Fits by Sandra Bricker  A Fairy Tale story which is very different for me.

New Creation:  Read a newly released book in 2013 DONE

Sweet Sanctuary by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing:  Read a book over 400 pages DONE

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen. Right at 400 pages. 

Wide Open Spaces:  Read any book not Amish DONE

Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries?  Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction  (http://www.wherethemapends.com/Booklist/booklist_intro.htm)  OR  (http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/)  OR http://www.speculativefaith.com/

Hooked Again:  Begin and finish a new to you series DONE

The Deadly Reunions Series by Lynette Eason

Favorite Biblical Person:  Read a non-fiction book or a fictionalized account concerning your favorite biblical person DONE 

Twelve Unlikely Heroes by John MacArthur.

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 6/4/13 10:07 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
beebs avatar
Subject: I really like the categories!
Date Posted: 1/2/2013 3:15 AM ET

Bonus Categories:

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 1/2/13 4:48 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: I'm in :)
Date Posted: 1/2/2013 11:29 AM ET

Solemly Swear by Nancy Moser - Finished 6/15

One Lane Bridge by Don Reid - Finished 5/30

June Bug by Chris Fabry - Finished 8-20

A Perfect Life by Robin Lee Hatcher - Finished 8-14

A New Face in the Crowd:  Demon: A Memior by Tosca Lee - Finished 3/29, Havah by Tosca Lee - Finished 4/14

Out of my Comfort ZoneSecond Story: See What's Not Being Said by Anna Rapa - Finished 4/27

Can’t Believe I read the Whole Thing:  Read a book over 400 pages - Solar Flare :: Larry Burkett - Currently reading

The Words Say This But It Really Means That:  The Harbinger

I Wanted to be a ? when growing up:  Love on a Dime by Cara Lynn James - Main character is a writer - I've always wanted to be one! :)  Finished 1/11 - Good story.

I Always Wanted to TravelLove Amid the Ashes by Mesu Andrews Finished 7/8

Wide Open Spaces:  The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck Finished 5/12

Go the Extra Mile:  Read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012 - 15 books total so far

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries?  Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction  (http://www.wherethemapends.com/Booklist/booklist_intro.htm)  OR  (http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/)  OR http://www.speculativefaith.com/ The Third Millenium (Millennium, Bk 1) by Paul Meier -  Finsished 1/27

Hooked Again:  Begin and finish a new to you series  Deeper Water (Tides of Truth, Bk 1) Finished 2/10,  Higher Hope (Tides of Truth, Bk 2) - Finished 2/21, Greater Love (Tides of Truth, Bk 3) - Finished 3/29

Favorite Biblical Person:  Mary Magdalene by Diana Wallis Taylor - Finished 5/25

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 8/22/13 2:13 PM ET - Total times edited: 14
depper1 avatar
Subject: Darlene's List
Date Posted: 1/2/2013 2:42 PM ET
  1. High Desert Haven - The Shepherd's Heart, Book 2 by Lynnette Bonner - 1/1/13
  2. Fair Valley Refuge: The Shepherd's Heart, Book 3 - by Lynnette Bonner - 1/6/13
  3. Spring Meadow Sanctuary - The Shepherd's Heart Book 4 by Lynnette Bonner  - 1/8/13
  4. Follow My Lead - Kate Noble - 1/12/13
  5. Paper Angels - Jimmy Wayne & Travis Thrasher - 1/19/13

Spring Meadow Sanctuary - The Shepherd's Heart Book 4 by Lynnette Bonner  - READ 1/8/13

Visit An Old Friend:  High Desert Haven - The Shepherd's Heart, Book 2 by Lynnette Bonner  - READ 1/1/13

A New Face in the Crowd:  Read a book by a new to you author - Paper Angels by Jimmy Wayne - READ 1/19/13

Bonus Categories:

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 1/19/13 11:59 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/3/2013 11:11 AM ET

• Read her first book, Michal, in 2010.   Finished Rebekah 03/27/2013

Decided to go with the FBI theme for this part of the challenge

1. Bloody Point by Linda White    completed 03/04/2013
  2. Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl with April Henry  completed 03/06/2013
  3. Hand of Fate by Lis Wiehl with April Henry  completed 03/13/2013
  4. The Negotiator by Dee Henderson  completed 03/172013
  5. The Guardian by Dee Henderson  completed 03/22/2013

• Something Beyond the Sky  by Siri L Mitchell  Completed 01/02/2013

• The Note  by Angela Hunt  Completed 01/12/2013

• Sweet Delights by Terri Blackstock, Elizabeth White and Ranee McCollum  completed 01/19/2013

• The Red Tent by Anita Diamant  Completed 01/24/2013

• Fire by Night by Lynn Austin  Completed 02/12/2013
  •  
  • Danger in the Shadows  by Dee Henderson   Completed 02/14/2013

• A Man Called Blessed by Ted Dekker and Bill Bright   Completed 01/16/2013

•     Once Was Lost  by Sara Zarr   Completed 01/03/2013

• Angel Eyes (fantasy) by Shannon Dittemore  completed 03/15/2013

• Broken Wings by Shannon Dittemore  completed 03/27/2013

•    The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen   completed 01/21/2013

• The Shack  by William P Young   completed 01/04/2013

Wanted to be a Vet when I was young.

• Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble   completed 08/21/2013

• Words  by Ginny Yttrup  completed 01/08/2013

• The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen (ARC)  completed  01/06/2013

• Gone To Ground by Brandilyn Collins  completed 02/03/2013

• Completed 100 books this year, 5 more than last year.

Bonus Categories:

Do you like to push the boundaries?  Read a book that could be classified as Speculative Christian Fiction  (http://www.wherethemapends.com/Booklist/booklist_intro.htm)  OR  (http://edgychristianfictionlovers.ning.com/)  OR http://www.speculativefaith.com/

• A Wolf Story by James Byron Huggines   Completed 08/14/2013

• The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher   completed  01/25/2013

• The Waiting  by Suzanne Woods Fisher  completed  01/28/2013

• The Search by Suzanne Woods Fisher  completed  02/07/2013

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 12/29/13 1:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 35
maydayzee avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Kay's Christian Reading Challenge 2013
Date Posted: 1/4/2013 1:50 PM ET

Mother of Pearl :: Kellie Coates Gilbert

1. Gold In The Fire (Ladies Of Sweetwater Lake, Bk 1)  Margaret Daley--April 2013
  2. When Dreams Come True (Ladies of Sweetwater Lake, Bk 4) by Margaret Daley--April 2013

By Dawn's Early Light:: Grant R. Jeffrey, Angela Hunt—read May 2013

A New Face in the Crowd:  Read a book by a new to you author:

Deliver Me from Evil (Freedom, Bk 1) Author: Kathi Macias

Beauty to Die For: A Spa Mystery:: Kim Alexis, Mindy Starns Clark (sub-genre: cozy mystery)--Finished March 27, 2013. I liked it a lot. I’m surprised. I thought it would be too light and silly, but it wasn’t at all.

To Honor and Trust (Bridal Veil Island, Bk 3) :: Tracie Peterson, Judith Miller May 2013

Wide Open Spaces:  Read any book not Amish:

A Merry Little Christmas (Songs of the Season) Author: Anita Higman  

Go the Extra Mile:  Read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012: In 2012 I read 47 Christian books. 2013: 13 Fiction and 4 Non-fiction=17 total

Bonus Categories:

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 5/31/13 11:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 13
flchris avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 1/12/2013 9:41 AM ET

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen (completed 1/12/13)

Petra by TL Higley (complete 2/12/13)

A Wedding Invitation by Alice Wisler (complete 2/6/13) - contemporary

The Falcon and the Sparrow by Mary Lu Tyndall (set in London, complete 4/3)

Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer (complete 5/1)

Bonus Categories:

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 6/5/13 10:57 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
LenAus avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/12/2013 10:13 PM ET

1)  God's Brothel by Andrea Moore-Emmett

2)  Oklahoma Weddings: In His Will/Through His Grace/By His Hand (Heartsong Novella Collection) :: Cathy Marie Hake, Kelly Eileen Hake, Jennifer Johnson

3)  Journey to the Well :: Diana Wallis Taylor  (completed 4/1/13)

4)  The Fall of Lucifer (Chronicles of Brothers, Bk. 1) :: Wendy Alec

5)  Angels of Humility :: Jackie Macgirvin

6)  Almost Heaven :: Chris Fabry  (completed 3/16/13)

Bonus Categories:

Extra, Extra Bonus

Last Edited on: 4/3/13 10:58 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
JoyfulatHome avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/4/2013 8:32 AM ET

I wish more people took part in this. It is a great way to find out about other books that might be of interest. It has encouraged me to read things I might not have otherwise. Thanks!!!

depper1 avatar
Date Posted: 6/4/2013 12:50 PM ET

I kind of forgot I was doing it.  Thanks for bumping it so I would remember.

clariail avatar
Date Posted: 6/10/2013 9:36 AM ET

I need to update my list. Might as well do it now before I forget again.