Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: *****APRIL'S I WISH, I WISH, WISHES I CAN GRANT*****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: My April Wishes
Date Posted: 4/3/2014 2:00 AM ET
My wishes for April are: Kelloggs Family Reward Codes Lean Cuisine Codes Stouffers Codes Coke Codes Coupon potlucks K-cups, I got a Keurig for Christmas My son Andrew would love anything related to Godzilla or the band Linkin Park. Thanks so much for reading my wishes :) I'll be sure to check out other people's wish and try to grant some.
Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 4/3/2014 4:30 PM ET

My wishes are always the same, but if you need a reminder -

Stationery is always welcome!  I don't need note cards just now, but will always take and put to good use any writing paper - tablets, loose sheets, boxes, packets,whatever. Don't let it sit languishing, unloved, in a drawer, I'll use it. It will go all over the US and maybe to Europe. So keep me in mind.

If anyone ever finds any of the old freezer bags, like Hefty or Kordite - the kind that use a twist tie NOT zip-lock to close, please also think of me. There may be some sitting in some old auntie's house - I really don't care how old they are, as long as they are clean and useable.

Also always looking for notes and cards with sheep on them. And anything to do with Saint Bernards - those are hard to find. (RIP my Bear, 2013)

Thanks for looking and for being a part of our RAOK forum.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: I could use...
Date Posted: 4/3/2014 7:16 PM ET

aromatherapy and essential oil blends

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/4/2014 9:39 PM ET

April wish for me:

flower seeds that would grow in poor soil.

pepsi coupons

ideas of fun things to do in Dallas/Fort Worth area to do April 12-19

Thank you

Last Edited on: 4/4/14 11:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2014 7:52 AM ET

Pen Pals! Especially from states I'm not currently writing to.... I love learning about the different places people live. I'm not currently writing to: Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, North and South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

I'd also love any stationary or envelopes you have lying around. Even greeting cards, especially ones that are blank inside.

Birthday cards! My birthday is April 24th and I'd love to get birthday wishes!

Anything owls or Wizard of Oz

Last Edited on: 4/8/14 10:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Prunella avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2014 4:44 PM ET

Just purchased a new bible for myself and would love to have a new set of bible index tabs as well.  Thanks!

nescioquis avatar
Date Posted: 4/8/2014 10:04 AM ET

Wishing for bottle caps like these (especially beer, but pop/soda or plain will work too).

Thanks for having a look.

sasssy25 avatar
Date Posted: 4/8/2014 4:20 PM ET

I'm wishing for one copy each of several magazines featuring my cousin's art. 
They aren't/weren't available locally, and I just thought about asking here: 

Cassidy Magazine, Spring 2014
Western Art Collector Magazine, 2 or 3 issues:  September 2013, Spring 2013?, May 2012
Horses in Art Magazine, Winter 2012 Issue

Country Life Magazine, unknown issue date, but cover has brunette in pink halter top between 2 horses
Southwest Art Magazine, August 2012

Cowgirl Magazine, January/February of unknown year, but cover has The Band Perry (2 guys & blond gal in white halter top/red skirt)

link to pictures/covers:  http://www.paperbackswap.com/ISO-Cassidy-WesternArt-Horses-Art/topic/291699/

Thank you!

Last Edited on: 4/8/14 4:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Rin avatar
Lorinda B. (Rin) - ,
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 4/8/2014 4:24 PM ET

Hello and

78744-Happy-April.jpg to everyone!! As I said back in March my DH, Jerry, passed away on Jan.19th and my mind has not been in a good place.

So this month my wishes are for........ funny, hello I am thinking about you cards to help me get through these long sad days....I am doing pretty good but just a card really helps perk me up...........and as always I am also wishing for...........

K-cups -- any flavor - coffee, tea or hot cocoa

Anything My Little Pony or Hello Kitty for my granddaughters

bookmarks (I am always losing mine and I also give bookmarks and books as gifts)

cloth napkins (I don't use paper ones and my olds ones are really looking shabby)

Thanks so very much for looking!!

edit-----My addy is on my profile but here it is again........Lorinda Byelich, 4350 Chicken City Road, Chincoteague Island, VA   23336..........

Last Edited on: 4/8/14 11:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
aggieeditor avatar
Date Posted: 4/9/2014 9:29 AM ET
I wish for:

Glade plug-in refills (our store is starting to phase them out)

eyeglass repair kit

penlight or keychain light

recipes of any kind

book light

Thank you!
miamirn avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/10/2014 1:16 AM ET

My 11 year old grandson is on the swim team and loves Michael Phelps. If you have anything related to Michael Phelps it would be most appreciated.

Rit Dye. Any color or black or white.

Strange request. I need energy saver light bulbs.

Glass beads for beading or any old beading tool or supply that you may have.

I would love "natural" or "organic" lotion, shampoo, powder or perfume.

I need dryer sheets. Any brand will do.

Any high tech pedometer you no longer use. Such as the "Up", or "Vivo", etc.

Size 12 one piece swim suits. I am a swim teacher and the chlorine eats up my swim suits like candy. Lol.

Happy Passover

Happy Easter

Thanks so much!smileyheart

Khristy avatar
Date Posted: 4/10/2014 12:30 PM ET

As always, I can use any and all:  UPC's from Iams, Innova, Eukanuba and weight circles from all Purina dog and cat food.  Thanks!!

I can also use huge rubber bands like this: Large Rubber Bands, Long Rubber Bands, 17

Last Edited on: 4/10/14 12:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Silvercat avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 4/10/2014 3:06 PM ET

I can always use sticky notes. I have a lot of projects going on right now and the notes are so handy in helping me keep order - I go through them like crazy!  

Thank you  -   heart

Last Edited on: 4/11/14 8:52 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/11/2014 7:40 AM ET

If anyone has some Mary Kay acne treatment gel, even a half tube, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

grammarchick avatar
Subject: Wishing for...
Date Posted: 4/11/2014 4:21 PM ET

Anything with cats or owls

Any kind of pens, notepads or stationery

Coupons for any Glade/Febreze stuff (plug-ins, candles, etc.) or actual Glade plug-in refillscrying.  I can't find them in stores around here anymore!

Bookmarks! I am constantly misplacing mine.

Postcards, used or not.  I'm building a collection of old postcards to display in my office and using others as a 'throwback' surprise for family members (who are way too used to getting emails).  I have some from as far back as the 50's and from all over the world.

Thank you!cheeky

Last Edited on: 4/22/14 5:13 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Date Posted: 4/11/2014 6:38 PM ET
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: homeschool
Date Posted: 4/11/2014 9:52 PM ET

anything useful for homeschooling preschoolers would be great!

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 4/14/2014 10:07 PM ET

I'm looking for a little glass or stone frog.  Wooden?  Painted?  Small enough to fit in a terrarium.  My husband built a beautiful one but it needs a little "something" on the inside.  Thank you.  Two of their way!

A friend is sending me a Wade figurine turtle but my husband loves frogs.  I've been looking for one everywhere we go but nothing so far.

Thanks!

Last Edited on: 4/19/14 9:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Yarn
Date Posted: 4/15/2014 2:20 PM ET

I could really use some yarn (any kind other than rug yarn, any amount) to donate to my church for a prayer shawl project we have going on.  We have quite a few adults and a couple youth knitting and crocheting prayer shawls for folks in our church and local community and we can always use more yarn.

I also help run one of the largest gaming groups in Charlotte and we can always use new board games to play.  I can also use board game bits, including random pieces, and even boards (these are for a craft project).

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Last Edited on: 4/15/14 2:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/15/2014 4:22 PM ET

I have one more odd request. I am looking for red plastic lids that may have came off of a peanut can,coffee can,etc. I need at least two for a art project. So if anyone does some spring cleaning and finds some,please keep me in mind..thanks! :) I got one today but I would like a few more..the bigger the lid the better...thanks!

Last Edited on: 4/20/14 1:11 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
musicnlyricz avatar
Date Posted: 4/16/2014 1:18 AM ET

My wishes for April:

• Anything Kellan Lutz related
  • Dog toys/dog treats for a Large size dog
eveningstar avatar
Date Posted: 4/19/2014 10:59 PM ET

An extra wish on behalf of my grandmother: If anyone has any items related to Grumpy Cat (the adorable cat on YouTube that has stolen so many hearts), please let me know. My grandmother is a big Grumpy Cat fan. 

breezyhmh avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 4/20/2014 7:51 PM ET
  • small, purse sized coupon holder/organizer.  I don't need a real fancy one, just one that I can put a few coupons in so I don't lose them when I go shopping.
  • canvas or recycled fiber totes--any size.  The larger ones I use for laundry and the smaller ones for groceries.
  • small magnets that would be appropriate to go on my file cabinet at work.  I have a couple, but would love to have more to help liven the place up--can be anything, animals, flowers, adds for businesses, anything "state" related would be great (like those state-shaped magnets that a lot of touristy places sell)

Thank you for looking

Last Edited on: 4/20/14 7:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 4/21/2014 3:45 PM ET

Looking for:

Tiny (approx. size of pencil eraser) jingle bells (sleigh bell style) - silver tone and gold tone

Thank you.

Last Edited on: 4/21/14 4:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
seacat66 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 4/22/2014 10:51 PM ET

i'm wishing for coke codes, things with sun, moon, stars, smilies, rainbows.

i'm also wishing for any type of printer ink cartridge you would send to me. empty or full, doesn't matter.

Page: