Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: *****APRIL'S I WISH, I WISH, WISHES I COULD GRANT******

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: *****APRIL'S I WISH, I WISH, WISHES I COULD GRANT******
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 7:31 PM ET

This is where we post things we are looking for.

First:  Remember: this is the place to wish.  We all have wishes.  If you feel someone has asked for something too large, expensive or extravagant,   just ignore.  Please be kind.  Don't make someone feel badly.  None of us know someone else's circumstances, unless we ask...........................For those of us asking, let's remember this is  NOT a place to stock pantries, get all our presents for others, etc.  It's a place for members to wish for items for themselves and immediate family.  Also, PBS rules do not allow one to ask for money, even for charities, here.  You may ask for other items, such as stamps and boxtops, etc.

Here, you list a few things you like/collect/can use.  Obviously,  we all like certain things like  credits, wish-list books, etc. This is NOTfor that kind of thing.   This is for  things others might have around the house that you can use (for instance if you collect postcards, bookmarks, Coke codes, or if there's a candy you love you can't find in your area, etc).  **   Please remember that books, by title or genre, should not be requested in this forum(I Wish thread).  There may be other places for that.  If someone sends you a book, please receive it and thank the member sending it.

Please limit your list to about 10 items (Remember,  you can edit your list), and if someone PMs you for your address, please acknowledge and thank them when you receive whatever they send you.  There is a separate thank you thread so we can  keep this one clean and easy to read.   It can get jumbled and hard to read with extra clutter so if we can do our best to keep it to our requests and the rare bump, that would be awesome :)  It's important to thank everyone who send something either by PM and or the thank you thread so that we know the item arrived.  Members do not want to send things, continously, to others who do not let them know the items have arrived.

It's always good to check the RAOK thread before you post your wishes -someone may already have what you are looking for. (For those of you looking for them, coupons are offered on the RAOK  on a regular basis.)   There is now a separate coupon thread within the RAOK forum, if you wish to trade there.

If you post wishes, try to grant at least one wish yourself, so this place is not considered a "gimme" group,  where people post but don't send out.  PBS members can become good friends, don't abuse, please!  **NOTE:  Cathy W. (Firefly) collects cancelled postage stamps for charity.**

If you see a wish you are able to grant, just PM the poster and ask for their name and address - that's it, simple and easy and a lot of fun! 

Any questions, please PM and ask.

twwsmama avatar
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 7:47 PM ET

I am wishing for baby food and some food coupons, my autistic son only eats these foods and it gets expensive.  Gerber puffs and yogurt melts, Yogurt burst cherrios,  Pediasure coupons, annies organic bunny grahams, Nabisco teddy grahams and Ritz crackers.

Vtech MobiGo game cartridges your kids no longer want

We are homeschoolers so any childrens books or pre-k / kindergarten curriculum that are unpostable am interested. Dover books included. I don't mind if they are damaged, written in etc. Phonics readers like bob books that are no longer in their sets are extremely helpful.

kids craft supplies and stickers

any educational / toys that use fine motor skills you don't need anymore would be helpful for OT with my son

used playmobile and trio toys will find a very happy home in our house

this is a strange request, but a weighted pad, neck sock or animal, it would help my son with his meltdowns. Can be made with rice or something else heavy, extra bonus would be if we could heat it up or put it in the freezer to help with temperature extremes for him.

Used bulletin board decorations and classroom posters to decorate our school room

pampers gifts to grow codes

Last Edited on: 4/1/11 5:54 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 7:50 PM ET

My wishes:

Drink mix singles (Anything like that) 

cat collar harness (For the cat upstairs)

cat clothe (For cat upstairs)

Rare Diamonds perfume (Any diamonds perfumes)

Mrs. Santa - I have Mr. Santa he is 3 feet tall.

The GRINCH - Anything i love him.

Canon ink cartridges - 40 Black, 41 Color, 30 Black,31 Color.

In Search Of These Coupons:

Fabric sweeper for pet hair - any kind of coupons (upstairs cat)  

Arm & hammer cat litter coupons (any other kind litter coupons for cat upstairs)

Tropicana OJ codes

Disinfectant wipes 

Baby wipes

Carnation Instant Breakfast Coupon or chocolate flavor envelope pkg.

Nutritional drinks

V8 V.Fusion coupons

Birds Eye Steam fresh vegetables coupons

Dawn dish soap

Last Edited on: 4/3/11 10:06 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
kingsdaughter1611 avatar
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 7:55 PM ET

I am wishing for..

1.Restaurant coupons. I especially like Steak and Shake, Chik-fil-a, Boston Market and Subway. But we have a large family so any coupons would be appreciated.

2.Perfume, makeup, etc. I love trying out new perfumes and the little samples are great for this. And any acne products as well. I can never have enough concealers.

3.Postcards. I like different ones such as horses, military, birds, teddy bears, confederates, etc.

4.Anything music related. I was sent some music charms a while back and would love more like that.

Thanks in advance!

HausMaus avatar
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 8:23 PM ET

I'm always looking for all postcards - I collect them.  Thanks!

ETA - I'm also always looking for used postage stamps from anywhere.  Thanks again!

Last Edited on: 4/2/11 12:47 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 8:40 PM ET

yes i am the crazy cat lady..

# 1  :   so i can always use cat related coupons :   dry food, canned food, litter, treats.

# 2  :  i can also use coupons :  clorox / lysol  WIPES

#3  :   i can also use baby wipes / baby diapers coupons

# 4 :  i am redoing my kitchen theme... so if you have any colorful bandanas....even if they are a tad torn... i can just cut them .....

Photobucket

¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* ¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*   thanks to all and have a blessed month  *•¸¸¸.•*¨*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*

Last Edited on: 3/31/11 8:42 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Litwolf avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 8:47 PM ET

I am wishing for:

- Anything cross stitching related, but especially patterns

- Bandanas

- Fantasy Artwork, especially featuring dragons, faeries, centaurs, pheonix, sphinx; but anything fantasy related would be awesome (poster, postcard, sticker, old calendar, anything like that)

- Anything Digimon related: figures, cards, books, stickers, toys, anything like that. My little cousin has become obbsessed with Digimon: Digital Monsters recently and I wish to feed her addiction ;)

- Old board games: even if all the pieces might not be there, that's fine by me

Thanks for reading my wish list!

Last Edited on: 3/31/11 8:48 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 9:34 PM ET

Remember -

These members collect expired coupons  to send to military bases.   Coupons should be no more than 3 months past date, please.  Just PM them for their address and send a bunch when you can.  Much easier than posting here and waiting for someone to request them.   This is a great help to our military families.  (Only regular coupons, not those  for specific stores, please.)

Kimberly M. (nescioquis)

Lisa D. (tommygirl)

Cassie S. (cassie86) - Cassie just started doing this too

Thanks to Kim, Lisa and Cassie for their efforts.  Lisa tells me she mailed out an amazing $20,000 worth of coupons in 2010!!  If anyone else is doing this, please PM and we will add you to the list.

Cathy (firefly) also collects stamps for charity.  Please remember her.

starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 9:35 PM ET

In reading all the forums, I have seen people discuss the bookmates/openpage covers.  I would love a tradesize since I have been accumulating a lot of tradesize since joining pbs.  I know it's a longshot, but you never know.

***If anyone makes cloth bookcovers, I would love a betty boop, comedy and tragedy  (masks) or celestial tradesize.   (or solid color- not green, yellow or orange please)***

I loaned my bookweight to my sister, who just had surgery on her left elbow, so she is able to read.  (She is having difficulty keeping the book open with one hand)  But now I don't have it to use myself, and I kinda rely on it myself with the arthritis in my wrists...  would really appreciate getting another if anyone can help.

comedy/tragedy stickers

pepsi coupons

magnetic bookmarks

surfgirl avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 9:50 PM ET

I'm wishing for:

• Coke codes
  • coupons for :  glucose meters/test strips/lancets (One Touch, Breeze 2, Contour, Freestyle, etc.)  - I purchase them using the coupons and donate them to our local health clinic.
  • Senseo or other brand decaf coffee pods - none of my local stores carry the decaf pods
  • coupons forStonyfield Oikos Greek yogurt or Dannon Greek yogurt
  • coupons for:  Atkins shakes
  • Lowe's coupons
  • coupons for:  MIO liquid water enhancers

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  

Last Edited on: 4/12/11 11:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
mszcheysser avatar
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 9:51 PM ET

Hi, Hi!

Thank you for looking. My wishes for the month:

• Hello Kitty ; I love Hello Kitty!
  • Scrap Book Stickers - anything that you can use for scrap booking
  • Scentsy cheeky
  • Inspirational Book Marks, Posters, or Books :)
  • Penguin Plushes, Posters, E.T.C - anything dealing with penguins.

Thank you very much! :D

cool

jasabangan avatar
Subject: *Jamae's Wishlist for April*
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 9:53 PM ET

Hello, everyone! My wishes for this month are . . .

Blue-inked pens.

- James Franco bookmarks. Homemade or store-bought. :D

Construction paper of assorted colors.

- Any color yarn & stitch markers.

- A complete box of puzzles -- 500+ pieces. I have a mini-obsession with puzzles. (:

- Anything princess-related -- Disney, Cinderella, Rapunzel, glittery, preferrably blue-themed. As you can see, my favorite color is blue. ;D

- Used/New dog toys -- tennis balls, braided rope, rubber balls, or old clothes you plan on throwing out. My dog's toys constantly need replacement.

Rabbit body leash, size small.

Thank you for looking!

Last Edited on: 4/2/11 6:11 AM ET - Total times edited: 5
catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 10:02 PM ET

I am hankering after a tube of lip balm in a refreshing and/or unusual flavor --  think lemon, grapefruit, cucumber, wintergreen, etc. (not super "sweet" such as cherry, strawberry or cotton candy).   I had a spearmint flavored one that I bought at Trader Joe's a couple of years ago that I just loved; alas, it has run out, and there no T.J.'s where I love now.

I also wish for a cookie cutter in the shape of a groundhog.  There's a very cute one listed on Amazon , but it says it's unavailable.   I am a great lover of all things groundhog, plus I love to bake, so this cookie cutter (or a similar one) would cause me great delight!  Yeah, I know, it's a long shot, posting this obscure wish here, but one never knows who might live right next door to a cookie cutter shop ...

edited to add:  I am in need of some of that fingertip tacky stuff that is useful when you count money (which I have to do at work).  I've gone to the office supply stores and can only find big containers of it; I need a wee little pot of it.  I have two right now which are round and, oh, maybe an inch and a half across and half an inch tall (kind of like the size of potted lip gloss), and that size is just perfect -- but both are almost empty.  Anyone got some of this stuff lying around? 

Last Edited on: 4/20/11 11:09 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
midnightstar avatar
Date Posted: 3/31/2011 10:37 PM ET
Any small posters--fantasy, movies, music...just need something to cover up the bare walls Sheet music (copies are just fine)--piano, clarinet, or flute Any unwanted or sratched rock CDs Any memorabilia from The Office or Harry Potter
Lambie avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 12:09 AM ET

I would love to find a quilting magazine with directions for making a memory quilt from T-shirts.  I've been saving
all my girls' team shirts for a long time and I'd like to do something with them.

megamommy1960 avatar
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 8:52 AM ET

My wishes for this month:

Marlboro coupons

Camel coupons

Yarn (scraps will work)

plastic canvas (scraps wonderful)  

Scrap paper or pads 

orchid7 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 9:27 AM ET

Here are my wishes:

• Box Tops for Education for my son's school
  • Campbell's Labels For Education
  • Stonyfield yogurt codes (from lid- please include product type and size in PM.)
  • Allegra (Allergy medicine) Coupons (Children's or Adult)
  • Nutro Ultra dog food coupons
  • Pet Supermarket coupons

Thanks!  :)

Last Edited on: 4/1/11 11:03 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Kitsuune avatar
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 12:13 PM ET

Happy April, everyone!

I'm wishing for the following this month:

Anything fox related! - I love foxes!

Elastic hairties. - I prefer the type without the metal on them. They get tangled in my hair. =(

Bookmarks! Can never have too many. Homemade, store bought.. No preference!

Unused notepads. Now that I have a few, I'm going through them like crazy!

Red Rose Tea figurines - I've been collecting these since I was 5! Love them!

Thanks so much!

rockmom66 avatar
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 12:17 PM ET

*Wishes*

-BoxTops for Education

-Coke Codes

Thanks

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 12:39 PM ET

Last Edited on: 6/10/14 8:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
al7221 avatar
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 12:52 PM ET

For those of you who would like to bless me with acts of kindness....

I loveee make-up!! So if there are any unused products out there...or even sephora codes.

DMC emboridery floss!!!!

OPI nail polish or Sally Hansen

I also love VERA BRADLEY...The Little Mermaid...and Hello Kitty...did I mention Vera Bradley?? lol

****Bookcover (sometimes a cover on a book can be embarrassing to have others see it) ....I have been looking for a Vera Bradley one, but haven't had much success. Homemade would be much appreciated. I love having items that show others talents!

Ultimately, I wish for everyone to have good health, happiness, and much love. Life is so short. So don't sweat the small stuff. We must do what the clock does, and keep ticking :)

Many prayers and much love to all of you!

Last Edited on: 4/3/11 8:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 9:23 PM ET

Hello Everyone ,

I was also wondering where people get cloth book covers ,I'd love to have one. either Trade side or MMP .That would be wonderful.

I'm also a crazy cat lady...LOL so any kind with a kitty would be great.

thank you all and have a nice April.

ajsk35 avatar
Subject: April Wishes
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 9:33 PM ET

My wishes for April...

1) a small/medium sized stuffed dog for our beagle,Emma ( She has one now that she has pretty much loved to death.LOL)

2)Summer or fall small garden flag(used is fine)

3)coupons for Milk,cheese,cat and dog food

4) coupon organizer

5) Jewelry

Thanks so much to all the great members that have fulfilled my wishes or sent me a RAOK in the past.  : )

Last Edited on: 4/1/11 9:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
LisaRC avatar
LISA (LisaRC) -
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 9:45 PM ET

I am still looking for a nice small makeup/cosmetic bag....actually small;/medium.  Can any one grant my wish?

Thank you!!

Last Edited on: 4/6/11 6:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/1/2011 10:35 PM ET

I am looking for anything that has to do with the following :

The Pittsburgh Penguins - I am decorating my room in the team and could use some things :) anything to do with them would be great

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - My absolute favorite band. =)

An "I <3 My Yorkie" car magnet or something of the sort. I am a new yorkie owner and every yorkie owner wants to show their pride in that :)

Anything World of Warcraft related. What can I say? I'm a nerd.

This last wish is a far stretch... but I've been looking for the King's Quest games (preferably 5, 6 and 7). I used to play these allll the time and they used to really relax me. :) It would be nice to have them again.

Thanks guys. :)

Last Edited on: 4/2/11 1:21 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Page: