Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Historical Romance Books to Consider for your Wish List

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 2/18/2012 12:11 PM ET

These freebies are really great, but since this thread is specifically for books to put on wish lists ... I was wondering if you'd consider posting them in the sales/freebies thread instead? That way those of us who do want freebies won't miss them and those who want to pad their wish lists won't miss the posts about paper books. This is a link to the freebies thread: post news of great romance sales/freebies here!

jayelsee avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/18/2012 12:19 PM ET

Debbie, if you do post the freebies in the other thread, I'll look for yours especially, because they are Historical Romance.  I'm not terribly interested in contemporary, and only occasionally read paranormal, so I really like knowing I don't have to weed thru a bunch of freebies to find the HR ones.

I really appreciate getting your freebie updates!!  Editied again to suggest....can we start a special thread just for "Historical Romance ebook freebies" (?)  Is that legit?  Not sure about rules for all this stuff.

(edited for misspelled word :) )

Last Edited on: 2/18/12 12:22 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Madikiks avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/18/2012 4:47 PM ET

Debbie, if you do post the freebies in the other thread, I'll look for yours especially, because they are Historical Romance.  I'm not terribly interested in contemporary, and only occasionally read paranormal, so I really like knowing I don't have to weed thru a bunch of freebies to find the HR ones.

I really appreciate getting your freebie updates!!  Editied again to suggest....can we start a special thread just for "Historical Romance ebook freebies" (?)  Is that legit?  Not sure about rules for all this stuff.

Ditto on everything jayelsee posted.:)

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 2/18/2012 6:17 PM ET

jayelsee -- a thread specifically for historical romance freebies is a good idea! Anyone can start a new thread.

Jerseygirltoo avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Freebies
Date Posted: 2/18/2012 9:48 PM ET

I would not want to wade through a general list of Freebies, because I'm not really interested in contemporaries, vampire books, etc., but if you a start one for historicals I would definitely follow it, that would be awesome!  

jayelsee avatar
Date Posted: 2/18/2012 10:45 PM ET

Ok, I just talked to Debbie, and I have started a new topic Historical Romance E-book Freebies, Get Yours Here!   .  Our deal was, I'd start it if she'd keep posting, so check it out.   

tjrj1988 avatar
Subject: Christy English
Date Posted: 2/19/2012 1:33 PM ET

The two Christy English's I've read have been historical fiction-not romance.  Wonder if this means she's branching out or if this book is hf? 

I've liked her books-good plot and interesting setting, but definitely NOT romance.  Just wanted to give a head's up for those who may not like hf. 

And...sqeeee....two new Grace Burrowes.....yay!

Last Edited on: 2/19/12 1:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jayelsee avatar
Date Posted: 2/29/2012 1:17 PM ET

whoo boy, just maxed out my 300-book gold key WL.  That didn't take long!

Happy Leap Day!

Jerseygirltoo avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Happy Leap Day!
Date Posted: 2/29/2012 2:21 PM ET

Maybe because this is the day that women could traditionally propose to men, Word Wenches blog is  interviewing three of the seven authors who contributed to a Harlequin Historical anthology called Royal Weddings Through the Ages — Terri Brisbin, Michelle Willingham and Elizabeth Rolls. 

They're at http://wordwenches.typepad.com/word_wenches/ 

tjrj1988 avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2012 9:32 AM ET

Oooh-off to check out word wrenches....used to visit on a regular basis but got out of the habit.

Wonder if Elizabeth mentions when she'll be releasing new stuff....I'm going thru withdrawals.....

Jan

chamber-maid avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2012 9:47 AM ET

Only two this morning...

What Happens At Christmas
Author: Victoria Alexander

Midnight in Austenland: A Novel
Author: Shannon Hale

willaful avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2012 2:31 PM ET

The Hale isn't actually historical fiction. The first book was really interesting, though.

chamber-maid avatar
Date Posted: 3/7/2012 10:08 AM ET

Only 2 to share with you this morning...

Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed
Author: Anna Campbell

May the Road Rise Up to Meet You
Author: Peter Troy

tjrj1988 avatar
Date Posted: 3/14/2012 10:29 AM ET

Ooh-Cheryl Reavis is writing historicals again?  I'm in.  Believe I still have most, if not all, of her historicals on my keeper shelves....

Page: