Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Paranormal

Topic: Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Meg29 avatar
Subject: Stephenie Meyer - Twilight
Date Posted: 3/22/2008 1:07 AM ET

Has anyone else heard about some kind of movie being made on her books?  I saw a picture in Entertainment Weekly with a clip about some show called Twilight and It said Edward Cullen played by so and so, etc.  Thats the only Twilight I've heard about with an Edward Cullen and I've never seen it posted!  I figured someone should know about it here :P

dukesangel002 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/22/2008 12:20 PM ET

Here's the post I did about who they casted for the movie. It has a link with picures and information!!

The Cast of the Cullen Family

gravehearted avatar
Date Posted: 3/22/2008 2:08 PM ET

relases on 12 / 12 / 08!

ooo man, it's all I've been hearing about ;)  but then again, i'm in a bunch of Twilight communities on livejournal.  I really hope they do a good job with the movie, I'm really excited about it.

the myspace page is  a good place for keeping up on the latest news:  http://www.myspace.com/twilightmovie

the official site just went up, but there's not much there yet:  thetwilightmovie.com/

Last Edited on: 3/22/08 2:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Zachaustlily avatar
Date Posted: 3/22/2008 9:39 PM ET

Yep, I've looked at her page about it.  I don't agree with the casting for Edward at all.  The others I could live with but he is so not my idea of Edward.

AimeeB avatar
Date Posted: 3/23/2008 3:38 PM ET

I went to the myspace link and saw that Stephenie Meyer is writing a book based on Edwards point of view called Midnight Sun! I didn't see a release date yet. It is set at the time of Twilight and starts the day Edward met Bella at school. I can't wait for that one either. We should keep our eyes open for the ibsn so all us fans can get it on our WL!

Zachaustlily avatar
Date Posted: 3/23/2008 11:23 PM ET

you can go to her website and read the first chapter of it.  Here http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/otherprojects_midnightsun.html

LOL  I devoured everything on her website when Twilight first came out.

gravehearted avatar
Date Posted: 3/24/2008 1:25 PM ET

omg, it's a must read!  It honestly made me love Edward all the more :-)  I think the opening chapter of Twilight is even more interesting from his POV.

Also - someone on one of my lists posted a the link to a  video of Stephenie talking with the Border's Book club  from before Eclipes came out, which I thought was interesting to watch even thought it's a few years old.

AimeeB avatar
Date Posted: 3/24/2008 3:26 PM ET

OMG! I just read the first chapter. I cannot wait for it to come out! It's going to be awesome.

Meg29 avatar
Date Posted: 3/24/2008 10:50 PM ET

I'm always a year late on these things...LOL!  I got so excited when I saw the ad in EW for it.  I don't pay enough attention!  I don't agree on their choice for Edward.  I was hoping it was the other guy in the picture...lol  I had a feeling though.  I think the teeth tipped me off :P  I hope they at least do the book justice.  I'll probably still buy it when it comes to DVD just cuz it's one of my favorite series :)

welshwytch avatar
Date Posted: 4/22/2008 3:50 PM ET

Hi there! I just started reading Twilight, and I can't put it down! I'm only in the 5th chapter....so I know I have a way to go.

I see that the actor who is gonna play Edward is the same actor who played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movie, Goblet of Fire...... For some reason, I can see him playing that role of Edward.... I guess that as I read the book, knowing who's playing who in the movie, I can picture them now as I read.

The actress playing Bella was from the movie, the Messengers.... I think she's a good fit for the part.

welshwytch avatar
Date Posted: 4/24/2008 12:22 PM ET

Is there any official movie trailers yet?

I've watched a few on Youtube already, and those look good!

gravehearted avatar
Date Posted: 4/24/2008 3:15 PM ET

no - there aren't any official trailers yet, but loads of fans are making their own :)

welshwytch avatar
Date Posted: 4/25/2008 4:09 PM ET

Okay, I just finished reading book 1 - Twilight.... Oh my goodness, I can't wait to get the next one and start reading...I'll probably pick it up this week (on payday) , now that I've read it, this makes me want to see the movie even more so now!

gravehearted avatar
Date Posted: 4/25/2008 4:27 PM ET

glad you enjoyed it, they're so addicitive!  I actually read the series 2 times in a row - since I felt like I'd sped through it too quickly the first time :)

welshwytch avatar
Date Posted: 5/1/2008 8:54 PM ET

Believe it or not, my Mom turned me on to those books.... for the longest time, I didn't really bother with them because they were YA .....then I kept reading how much everybody loved the Twighlight books, and when my Mom started reading them, and she went crazy over them, I figured, I must be missing out on something... let me give them a try.... I am so glad I did! I loved Twilight and I just picked up New Moon and Eclipse... started reading New moon.....

Zachaustlily avatar
Date Posted: 5/2/2008 8:03 AM ET

oh LaVaughn you should try the vampire books by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast.  They aren't as good as Meyer's but they are good reads.

biteme avatar
Subject: OMG I Love the series
Date Posted: 5/3/2008 3:22 AM ET

I have read them about 4 times already. I am so hooked.

Here is a link with some good info. She used to have pictures from the set.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=338047192

and other:

http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.org/twilight-in-st-helens-8th-11th-april-corrections-made-t5597.html

welshwytch avatar
Date Posted: 5/3/2008 8:05 AM ET

Hi Haley.... I just received Betrayed  (it was on my WL in PBS....) so I think that is the second book right?  I still need the first one so I can start the series..........hopefully I'll get it soon.... I figure that I will pick it up and buy it after I finish  Eclipse.....   I'm half-waf thru New Moon right now.....

Zachaustlily avatar
Date Posted: 5/3/2008 3:59 PM ET

yeah the first one is Marked, then Betrayed, and the last one that just came out was Chosen.  I really like them.  I wasn't happy with the way Chosen ended so they need to hurry up and write the next one.  lol  The fourth book Atonement, isn't due out until OCTOBER!!! 

welshwytch avatar
Date Posted: 5/10/2008 1:31 PM ET

I'll have to order Marked so I can get started on that series .. as soon as I finish Eclipse! LOL

miz-rachel avatar
Date Posted: 5/10/2008 6:09 PM ET

She has a new book for adults, out this week!  it is called the Host.  I am going to get it this weekend!! I saw an interview about it, looks good.

gravehearted avatar
Date Posted: 5/10/2008 6:12 PM ET

Rachel - i am dying to read the host!  i signed up on the waiting list from the library and really hope i don't have to wait forever for it!

gremlin avatar
Date Posted: 5/10/2008 7:51 PM ET

i requested The Host from the library as soon as i finished Twilight last month, and i'm #5 on the list.  since they ordered 5 copies, that works out well for me.  :) 

i'm also #7 on the Breaking Dawn list, and they ordered 9 copies.  i had to get the librarian to put me on the list for that one, but now they've ordered it so anyone will be able to request it online - and i expect the list will be huge by the time it finally comes out!

AimeeB avatar
Date Posted: 5/15/2008 1:20 PM ET

I bought the Host. I am excited to read it, but I have to finnish the one I'm curently reading first. I'm nervous too, what if I don't like it?

dukesangel002 avatar
Date Posted: 5/15/2008 3:06 PM ET

I got it the day it came out but still haven't brought myself to read it.  I keep telling myself it will be next and then I end up picking something else.....

Page: