Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Homeschoolers' Corner Homeschoolers' Corner

Topic: Are we now allowed to post deals on the HS forum?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Are we now allowed to post deals on the HS forum?
Date Posted: 5/3/2008 10:55 PM ET

I'm a little confused.  I haven't been following the boards for over a month, but I thought there had been disscussion prior to that about what can and cannot be posted here.  Can we now post deals here?  If so, that would be great.  I always liked being able to look here for deals that I might be interested in, rather than wade through everything over on Book Bazaar.  I also see the need to limit that type of thing so the whole homeschool section isn't taken over by deals or "ads."

So, give me the guidelines, please!

Thanks!

Tonja

Pioneerheart avatar
Date Posted: 5/4/2008 9:25 PM ET

I haven't read anything in the help files that says anything has changed.   Maybe a tour guide will know?

I'm running a special in the Bazaar right now.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 5/5/2008 1:16 AM ET

Carla has a great offer in the Bazaar, with lots of great books for homeschoolers. I was wodnering why she didn't post in the Homeschool section. Maybe she's just trying to follow the rules?

ABCatHome avatar
Limited Member medalMember of the Month medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 5/5/2008 9:32 PM ET

Hi, all....there's still has been no word on changing it to be allowed to post deals here for homeschoolers.  I have asked that we be given special permission to do so and have a red sticky at the top specifically for a deals thread.  They said they would take it under consideration, but still no word. 

However, in the meantime, we decided to have a specific place in the Bazaar for Homeschool Deals, but it hasn't been 'bumped' in a while, so that's probably why you couldn't find it!  LOL  Please feel free to PM me if you have questions about any of this. :)