Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ***JULY WISHES*****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ***JULY WISHES*****
Date Posted: 6/30/2021 8:29 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, postage, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/30/2021 8:58 PM ET

First and foremost always, prayers that each of you enjoy a happy, healthy, and safe July! 

Two picture requests: First, do any of you have a dog who loves popcorn? If so, please PM me for more info. I need a picture of one such canine friend for a story I'm writing to be included in a book. Second, do any of you have any pictures of sky-writing? I am in need of a picture of a skywritten image of either the word "LOVE" or a Heart or Cross shape. These would all need to be photos you personally took and NOT internet found images. I would need them within ideally within the next week! I'd give you my email address. 

From Dollar Tree, I would appreciate: a crossword puzzle book for my Dad. He is not into Fill-ins or any other type, just enjoys crosswords, especially the Kappa brand from the Tree. 

From Michaels for Me: I had ordered (and passed onto friends on here) Ice Cream Shop sticker pad. Go to Amazon and enter in this# you'll see what I mean exactly: B007WDSSH0 These are the stickers I was expecting. What I received was not! :( What I got were the ice cream treats with Shopkins-style (which I do not care for at all) faces. These are the $1 Darice sticker pads. I'd really appreciate anyone going to Michaels anyway, please don't make a special trip, to see whether your store has what had I had in mind. Wish already granted! Thank you so much. 

In general: Narrow washi tape (summer print or flowers or cool treats, something bright and cheerful. Please no butterflies or pina coladas--I have seen a lot of those on tapes and stickers, I don't drink). I could also use some general summer season fun stickers. Summer is currently the only season I don't have many stickers for. 

I respectfully always request that any items sent to me come from a non smoking home. 

Thank you and God Bless You! 

Last Edited on: 7/1/21 12:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 6/30/2021 9:29 PM ET

Continued prayers for our country.

Continued  prayers for my dad as he is getting through therapy and getting stronger.

Prayers for my brother who will be having treatment for colon and liver cancer starting July 6th.  He is a non smoker, non drinker and definitely believes in the power of prayer so all prayers are more than welcome.

tommygirl avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2021 11:29 AM ET

Last Edited on: 8/3/21 11:56 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2021 2:19 PM ET

Artificial flowers and leaves.  Scraps and loose petals from old arrangements.  With or without stems.

I remake these bits into wreaths.  It is a stress reliever.  If they weren't so expensive to ship, I'd put them up as RAOKs.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/1/2021 4:49 PM ET

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy rest of the month. Tell someone you love them. You may be the only one they hear it from and will make their day much brighter.

Last Edited on: 7/9/21 2:49 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/2/2021 12:56 PM ET

Prayers for this world to heal, Prayers for my PBS family, Prayers for my family. 

Carnation Breakfast Essentials nutritional drink mix packets/ Coupons.

Measuring spoons - Silver metal  1/116 tsp/0.33ml - 1/8 tsp - 1/3 tsp - 3/4 tsp - 1/2 tbsp

Measuring cups - Silver metal 1/8 cup

Grinch and Jack Skellington, Sally.  Nightmare before Christmas. Anything  I LOVE THEM :) 

Any one makes photo button ?

Black ink pens 

Laminating sheets.

Car air freshener.

Thank you, Blessings. 

Last Edited on: 7/14/21 9:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/2/2021 9:43 PM ET

Prayers for the cure and for the world to heal.  Prayers for our members.

Bottle caps

Unwanted, unloved or broken, even bits and pieces of jewelry and rhinestones (not glue on)

Finger protectors from Dollar Tree (we don't have one)

Last Edited on: 7/12/21 9:41 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Silvercat avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 7/3/2021 8:41 AM ET

Last Edited on: 7/13/21 3:46 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/3/2021 9:43 PM ET

Happy July!!! 

Does anyone have a book mark to share?  Any style.  Thank you!  :)

Last Edited on: 7/15/21 11:43 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/6/2021 11:53 AM ET

This is my birthday month and my wishes are:

1. Anything patriotic..just love it especially anything with a flag or fireworks.

2. Anything Wonder woman.:)

3. Anything Coca-Cola..even ads or recipes.

4. Easy pasta salad or sandwich recipes. Need to try something different

5. Disney movie reward codes

6. Hi-chew candy

Thanks for reading! Post your unique or odd wishes and I might be able to help you out.:)

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/9/2021 11:43 AM ET

Updated above.

miamirn avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 7/10/2021 11:23 AM ET

Hi!

I would like LEGOS (brand name). It is for my grandson. Any amount however small in quantity is fine. P.S. Not DUPLO (the larger blocks for toddlers).

Thanks!!

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/10/2021 7:07 PM ET

Wrong forum

Last Edited on: 7/10/21 7:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/15/2021 10:48 AM ET

July wishes:  Just would like some prayers and maybe a happy card or 2.I recently got out of a relationship and 20 yrs in Ca and have moved back to Ks.Not sure if and when I will get anything back as I pretty much had to leave everything.So quite alot of upheaval and many life changes going on right now.Thanks.

jacci-jerri avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 7/15/2021 11:47 PM ET

Updated 

Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/16/2021 1:20 AM ET

I’m needing several of the tiny syrup bottles that you get from Cracker Barrel. I do need them to have their caps. Thanks 

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/30/2021 12:34 PM ET

More prayers are needed, if you'd all be so kind. More issues I know noone wants or needs to hear. I'm no worse off than I was. Just another major disappointment, but otherwise I am ok. But prayers are always welcome to help my stress level, so thank you.

Last Edited on: 7/30/21 10:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 7/31/2021 7:14 PM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please post your wishes in the August Wishes thread now.  Thanks!