Before you request:
When you have found a book you want:
If you are trying to order the book from a specific member's bookshelf: you will need to click the button ON THE BOOKSHELF (and nowhere else) in order to be sure the request goes to that member. If you have clicked the book cover on the bookshelf to read more about the book, use the back button on your browser to GO BACK to the member's bookshelf and click "Order This Book" there.
If there is a message telling you to confirm your email address from the link in your Welcome email, you need to do that first. If you did not get that email, or do not have it anymore, click the link on the message to have it re-sent to you. If you do not get the email, contact us.
- Click if you want to browse the sender's bookshelf for other books to include with your request.
- Add as many books as you wish (or add none) to your order from the member's bookshelf.
- You can relax and wait for the book to come to you. There aren't any more steps in the process for the requestor.
- The sender has 5 days to respond to your book request. Find out how to monitor your request from your account page.
- you have 1 hour before your request is submitted to the sender
- If you want to cancel this request, you can do so by clicking on the request
You can cancel ONLY up until the sender prints the address to send the book
- If you want to contact this sender, click on the request to send a Personal Message
if you do this, the 1-hr waiting period will be eliminated, and the book request will be submitted to the sender immediately.
- You can expect your book to arrive in about a week.
- MediaMail transit times are variable; USPS says to allow 2 weeks, but PBS allows nearly 4. The average transit time for all books at PBS (including those coming from military addresses outside the US and HI, AK, PR and GU) is 9 days, but most books will arrive much sooner than that.
Do we have to send the books back?
What if a book I want is not available?
How do I buy credits?
I can't order a book! It says I have to confirm my email address first?
Why can't I order a book in the *Books Posted Today*?
What if the sender does not respond to my request within 5 days?
What if the sender agrees to send the book, but doesn't mark it mailed before the deadline?
What if the sender is taking too long to respond? Can I cancel and reorder from someone else?
New Postal Rates Effective January 17, 2016
After you request:
Why did the *Requested on:* date change on my request?
The sender canceled, but the request is still on my account page!
What happens after you submit a request for a book
What if I want to cancel a request I made?
When will I get my book?
I haven't received my book yet. Is it lost in the mail?
What are the differences between the Reminder List and the Wish List?
I got a book I requested, but I can't mark it received!
A book I requested is lost in the mail. What now?