Account Settings are accessible from the dropdown menu under My Account in the toolbar at the top of the site, and there is a Settings tab in My Account.
Your Account Settings permit you to change various settings in your account.
The customizable sections on the Account Settings page are:
- User email address, Shipping Address
- these cannot be changed until you have received 3 books from PBS. If you need to change them before this, contact us with your old and new information.
- Public PBS Profile - you must make a public profile to have a PBS Nickname and to be listed in the Member Directory.
- Once chosen, your PBS Nickname cannot be changed, so please be sure that you are happy with your choice before you click "Update"!
- Privacy options for your Profile can be set in the Privacy Controls, linked from the top of the Settings page. See Privacy Controls for more information.
- Forum Settings - here you can adjust how forum posts appear (yours and other members)
- you can upload a personal photo, include pictures or text in your signature, "hide" buttons linking to your book list/wishlist, and "hide" other members' forum signature text or photos or both.
- Newsletter - you can opt to receive it or not. New policies and feature changes are announced and explained in the Newsletter; it is a good idea to subscribe!
- Email Settings - allow you to opt out of several different types of PBS auto-emails. Selecting an auto-email category means that you do NOT want to receive any emails in that category.
- Requestor Conditions - here you can specify any "special conditions" for books you receive from PBS ("no books currently in a smoking environment", for example). See How to Use Requestor Conditions for more information.
- Tags - you can choose to turn off tags. Choosing Off will make them not visible to you.
The links at the top of the Settings page are:
- Vacation Hold - this lets you put your account on hold, preventing incoming requests and Wish List offers. See How to put your Account on Hold/vacation for more information.
- Daily Digest - here you can subscribe and unsubscribe to the Daily Digest email, and adjust the genres included. See What is the Daily Digest? for more information.
- Daily Wish List - here you can subscribe and unsubscribe to the Daily Wish List email, and adjust the genres included. See What is the Daily Wish List? for more information.
- Change Password - Allows you to change your password. See How do I change my account password? for more information.
- Change Secret Question - Allows you to change the Secret Question/Answer you need to provide if you forget your password and need to reset it from the login page.
- Privacy Controls - These let you set Privacy Options for your profile and other account information. See Privacy Controls for more information.